Edit?

fergyguy

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, NB Lola said:

Look at the post in question, you will see an edit button below

But not for very long any more. The option dissapears  within not very long of when the post was first made, (far too soon, these days, in my opinion).

• Greenie 1

Just now, alan_fincher said:

But not for very long any more. The option dissapears  within not very long of when the post was first made, (far too soon, these days, in my opinion).

I in some ways would agree about time, however there is IMO an argument that editing a post afterothers have posted can make things look different to what was being replied to.

2 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

My edit button seems to stick around for 48 hours....

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes this has been acknowledged before/

For most of us it is now around an hour, which seems odd.

So you can quote me, and edit what I actually said for up to two days, but I can't correct an error 2 hours after I made it!

2 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Yes this has been acknowledged before/

For most of us it is now around an hour, which seems odd.

So you can quote me, and edit what I actually said for up to two days, but I can't correct an error 2 hours after I made it!

I can!

This 48 hour edit facility I have is probably a reflection of how trustworthy the forum software thinks I am..... 

:giggles:

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I can!

This 48 hour edit facility I have is probably a reflection of how trustworthy the forum software thinks I am..... 

:giggles:

To err is human; it takes a computer.....

:icecream:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

My posts are only editable for 60 minutes after posting. I have asked the moderators if this can be fixed at the next system upgrade.

Edited by cuthound

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

My posts are only editable for 60 minutes after posting. I have asked the moderators if this can be fixed at the next system upgrade.

I have had a look at this. - It was caused by a user group discrepancy. As a compromise, I have instead set the edit window to 90 minutes for all members, up from the previous default of 60 minutes. This is subject to change should Dan wish to make any alterations.  Any changes like this will of course be communicated.

On 22/07/2019 at 21:44, RichM said:

I have had a look at this. - It was caused by a user group discrepancy. As a compromise, I have instead set the edit window to 90 minutes for all members, up from the previous default of 60 minutes. This is subject to change should Dan wish to make any alterations.  Any changes like this will of course be communicated.

1 hour ago, RichM said:

After further review we have increased the edit post window to 3 hours.

Thanks indeed. We are are always open and looking for ways we can improve the site. 

Daniel

17 hours ago, RichM said:

After further review we have increased the edit post window to 3 hours.

Brilliant. A much more realistic time given my phat phinger typing skills and the ongoing interference from my spill chucker. ?