What a night

luggsy

Featured Posts

44 minutes ago, luggsy said:

Been up since 1.30 boat rocking violently dog petrified water splashing over bow what's going on with the weather ? 

I well remember one of our 1st times on a swing mooring.

Holyhead (Anglesey) bay.

We had a static caravan on a campsite close to Holyhead.

Boat on swing mooring which was accessed by the Yacht-Club 'water taxi'.

SWBMO (God bless her) decided it would be nice to have a night gently rocked to sleep by the small Summer swell. I decided not to stay on board, rather go back and spend the night in the Caravan as the forecast was not good.

Took the last water-taxi back to shore at 9:00pm.

Middle of the night and the phone goes off - "COME AND GET ME, its 'orrible she cried"

I (gently) explained that she was on the boat, and, had the tender 1/2 mile out at sea - the water taxi's did not start to run again until 9:00am there was absolutely nothing I could do (unless she wanted the lifeboat launching)

Wind dropped by morning, took the 1st water-taxi and I had to wake her up to do my breakfast. Not on !!!

• Haha 2

I did warn you!  I have been caught before where you are and stayed up all night plugging any orifice that may let water in. It's more sheltered on the VMs to the west side of the basin if you can get across there.

Edited by rgreg

2 hours ago, rgreg said:

I did warn you!  I have been caught before where you are and stayed up all night plugging any orifice that may let water in. It's more sheltered on the VMs to the west side of the basin if you can get across there.

Yep, most folk know not to moor at Glasson in anything like a high wind, but I suppose there's not much choice at the moment unless they've done something about the dreadful weed going up the locks.  

5 hours ago, luggsy said:

I am on the visiter moorings agenst the wall wind is hitting on starboard side

IMG_4593.PNG

We had an amusing night there...got the boat covered in sea foam too. It’s much calmer over on the visitor moorings at the back of the houses if there is space.

13 minutes ago, luggsy said:

Didn't know there where more visitors moorings . I am not to bothered but the dog thinks there is someone trying to get in when it's banging about 

Just to the right of the lock...it’s a small area of grass...just fit 2 boats on at a push. There’s a footpath between the houses thro the kids playground. 

12 hours ago, luggsy said:

Been up since 1.30 boat rocking violently dog petrified water splashing over bow what's going on with the weather ? 

IMG_4588.JPG

Ive seen bigger waves on mi Tot Glass.