Gas needed

jckent

Featured Posts

A quick check on line suggests that Crooke Marina is closed (although I suspect it might still be open as moorings only).

1 minute ago, Tim Lewis said:

From another thread:

01942 323328.

Google searches for that number only bring back very old threads from here.

Try searching for Liverpool Short boats ambush and Victoria operated by derek bent. He operates them as fuel boats and sells gas at a reasonable price. Can’t just find his number but he will be somewhere along that stretch and I’m sure he will be able to help. 

Found it 07837428588

Edited by jonathanA
Found number

I got gas in Burscough, Victoria or Ambush was moored outside so maybe that's Derek's Base. But you've just come past. Have you got a bike? Train is handy to both.

21 hours ago, CLAN1 said:

Why not see if they have web page get the number and ring ?

Crooke do not believe in new fangled technology - see a thread I started a few years back trying to book a visitor mooring there! Could not even find a phone number but I think someone did have it in their secret black book! Try searching . . .

When we passed them earlier this month the site is still very active as a mooring but there was no indication of anything else.

Edited by Mike Todd

On 22/07/2019 at 09:49, Tim Lewis said:

The Calor web site indicates a real dearth of suppliers in the Wigan area!

Carrying a spare full gas bottle would be a Good Idea to deal with this type of situation. I wonder if anyone else has ever thought of doing this...

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

And when you switch to the spare bottle, remembering to replace the empty one before the second one runs out...

or have 3 bottles, and be sure to replace the 2 empty ones before the third runs out.

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

And when you switch to the spare bottle, remembering to replace the empty one before the second one runs out...

Because if you fail to do this, you could get caught with no gas while you are miles from any gas retailer, and you wouldn't want to do that, would you?

Oh......

Edited by Mike the Boilerman