Moorings Coventry

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, captain birdseye said:

Simple question, what is Coventry Basin like for mooring overnight whilst visiting the city

It's safe enough, there are always other boats in the basin so you are not alone. I have not been during school holidays but it is not in the centre of things so probably not a 'destination' for kids.

3 hours ago, captain birdseye said:

Simple question, what is Coventry Basin like for mooring overnight whilst visiting the city

Very quiet for us last Thursday night. after 6pm the footfall through the basin dropped dramatically and there were only a few student type couples sitting on the benches having a chat. When we arrived the visitors arm was full and we ended up mooring in between the two arms right next to the statue.

We only stayed the one night and after a visit to the transport museum (well worth it) we left on the Friday afternoon. Like any city though I would expect it to be a bit busier at the weekends.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed overnight last Thursday and there was a group of what looked like rough sleepers on the benches at the end of the visitor arm until 10pm, I was then woken about 3am ish by a group of people who had been out on the tiles one of who suggested running on the roofs of boats, but nothing happened thankfully.