Good Pub Old Boat Yard Bridgewater Canal

Featured Posts

As per title, just had a good feed at the Old Boat Yard at Astley on Bridgewater Canal. Lovely food at very competitive prices and good beer. Taylor's Landlord beer spot on as is the Guinness.  Great table service without the need to keep going to the bar, highly recommended. Nice quiet place to moor. Use them or lose them.

This just shows how perceptions can differ.  This pub got one of the lowest scores from me last year in my 2018 Pub Cruise. I have to say that food was not a consideration.

BOAT HOUSE, Astley Green (June 2) 2+3+5=10 Very disappointing Good Beer Guide (2018) pub with poor beer choice and no proper bar for non-diners. And rather expensive. Still GBG, though.

13 hours ago, catweasel said:

As per title, just had a good feed at the Old Boat Yard at Astley on Bridgewater Canal. Lovely food at very competitive prices and good beer. Taylor's Landlord beer spot on as is the Guinness.  Great table service without the need to keep going to the bar, highly recommended. Nice quiet place to moor. Use them or lose them.

We had a few drinks there & thought that the food looked good.Promised ourselves a meal there on the way back.