Liverpool boats id plate locations

Pirateringo

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Pirateringo said:

Hi can anyone tell me where you'd find the vin number on a Liverpool boats please cheers

Assuming it has built in compliance with the RCD it should be somewhere near the RCD 'plate'. Mounted on the stern / transom usually on the Starboard side.

There is also a second (known only to the manufacturer) location used in the event the boat is stolen.

Quote :

Hull identification number location? The HIN shall be located where it is clearly visible when the vessel is in the water, namely, on the upper starboard quarter of the outside surface of the transom or if the vessel has no transom, on the uppermost starboard side at the aft end of the hull.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

8 minutes ago, Pirateringo said:

Hi can anyone tell me where you'd find the vin number on a Liverpool boats please cheers

If its old it probably hasnt got one. New fangled eu tosh.

24 minutes ago, blackrose said:

My HIN number is welded onto a plate in the gas locker and also welded onto the base plate in the engine space. (2005 Liverpool Boat)

Is it just a badly welded plate. The letters and numbers on mine aren't etched or anything just poor welded letters

3 minutes ago, 70liveaboard said:

Provided it is considered part of the shell, then it passes o.k. So welded on is part of the shell.

We'd stamp the HIN on the counter usually, little neater.

Snap.

1 hour ago, Pirateringo said:

Is it just a badly welded plate. The letters and numbers on mine aren't etched or anything just poor welded letters

Yes, looks like some bloke with a stick welder did it in about 5" high lettering. The plate in the gas locker is part of the hull at the front joining the two sides of the bows, visible as soon as you open the lid of the gas locker. In the engine room it's welded on the baseplate inside the engine drip tray.

Edited by blackrose