UK postal address for continual cruising

TVPAL

Featured Posts

Hello Guys

Newbie Question time.  I’m on the verge of buying a boat and just want to find out how you can get a UK postal address for things like banks and driving licences . I don’t really want a PO Box if I can get a “real” address.

Alan

Family or friend usualy. I actualy approached DVLA some years ago re this and they told me they would accept a close rellies address as they accepted ( They have to in reality ) that I had no address. I also got them to accept NFA when I had to have a CRB check. They point blank refused until I told them I wasnt going to lie and give an address I didnt live at when it was for the purpose it was supposedly for. I had lots of other reasons to throw at them why they would have to grant it and in the end they renaged and I have the copy somewhere to this day.

37 minutes ago, TVPAL said:

Hi Patron

i did look at boatmail but wasn’t sure if it was a scheme that other permanent cruisers used?

if you say it’s as good as any then I will take your word for that.

Thank you

I don't actually use them but may in the future spent some time researching though and they seemed very friendly and professional. 

You could try them using the PAYG option which only cost £5 plus £25 mailing bond, so for £30 you will have a real home address. You can I believe switch between schemes so could go for one of their  more permanent options at a later time. 

I think some members on here do use them so may be in a better position to give you a real users view on their service. 

Edited by reg