Weather apps

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

I live in this peculiar area where forecasted weather seems to happen all around me but we always get something very different. Nor do I know anything about android - I went straight from BlackBerry to Apple, but there was a discussion about this a couple of months back which might be helpful. 

5 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

The met was one of the ones i was using. Seems to change its mind every half hour, but maybe it's just being accurate... 

Sounds like you have a weather aftercasting app. ?

21 hours ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

I tend to use Accuweather...but it's not always accurate !?

The Accuweather "Minutecast" is reasonably accurate but only shows what is supposed to happen in the next two hours.

As well as the BBC and Met office, we also use XC Weather which is especially good for wind speeds. Weather radar UK is also a good tool. You can see the rain and the likelihood of it heading your way.

On 14/07/2019 at 08:23, Arthur Marshall said:

Anyone found an accurate weather app for Android? I was hoping to paint the tub today as all forecasts and both my apps said cloudy but dry. They both still do, both show the radar clear and it's raining... 

For rain I use Home and Dry - I'm guessing its available on Android - I use it on an iPhone.

It's not accurate all of the time but, most of the time, if it's raining, I can see that it would be worth waiting ten minutes, or half an hour, when it will have stopped. I can also tell that it's not worth waiting, because it ain't stopping for hours.

It generally gives about 4 or 5 hours of radar and radar forecast, maybe a bit longer.

Used use The Weather Channel but since a recent update no longer find ot user friendly. Presently using the BBC app. Seconds ago @ 10.34 it was showing sunny @ 11.00 and part sunny @ 12.00. It's been brilliant sunshine so far today but clould is beginning to build up . On balance pretty accurate.

I to want to do some painting but given that I can't even touch the roof or side I'm goung cruising?