Travelling to London

tearoomtom

Featured Posts

Hi.

Can anybody give me some information about travelling down to London.

We used to live in Islington and would like to return just to check it out.

We don't plan to stay just to go down and back. We don't want to do the Thames just Uxbridge and on to the Paddington arm and on to Bow Poplar and Stepney is overnight mooring possible and would we be able to find a mooring?

All help would be appreciated.

Regards Tearoomtom 

Finding an overnight mooring on spec is always difficult from Kensal Green onwards, right through to about Hackney, but you might get lucky. I think there are some you can book in advance at Rembrandt Gardens at Little Venice, with CRT? Not sure what else there is further east, although I think a one night stay at Limehouse basin is usually possible because people use that if they're planning to go out onto the river in the morning.

On the lower GU you should be able to find somewhere, and even on the Paddington Arm west of Kensal Green, particularly if you're not fussy about noise or the scenery outside your windows.