Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
catweasel

Good Pub Plank Lane Leigh

Featured Posts

As we are waiting a few days around Leigh, we tried the pub which is about 5 mins walk from the canal at Plank Lane Lift Bridge on Leigh Branch. http://nevison-inn.com/

We found it to be very good food, good beer and very jovial staff and atmosphere. Worth reserving a table by phone s it is not a very big pub.
http://nevison-inn.com/

Also a handy Spar shop another five minutes walk.
Will definitely visit it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is by the electric lift bridge? 

 

We passed through there a couple years ago, we'll be passing again before autumn starts. There was a new marina being built - it must be finished by now?

 

Thanks for the heads up :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five minute walk to the pub (along the road, north to Leigh). 

And yes, the marina is finally finished (utility block opened last month).

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The marina is finished and lots more houses have been built. The Nevison pub is on the same side of the canal as the marina and is a 5 minute walk.

  • Greenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

This is by the electric lift bridge? 

 

We passed through there a couple years ago, we'll be passing again before autumn starts. There was a new marina being built - it must be finished by now?

 

Thanks for the heads up :) 

Yes the marina is open for business but quite full. They managed to accommodate us for 10 days or so whilst we returned home back in June. It is run from elsewhere although there is an onsite office used occasionally. Location of office well hidden. Note that as a result of a standoff with CaRT there is no elsan on site although the pump out at the lift bridge is supposed to work. A fairly basic marina but If all you want us to moor a boat then just fine. Bus route passes by. Now called Pennington, used to be Leigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

Yes the marina is open for business but quite full. They managed to accommodate us for 10 days or so whilst we returned home back in June. It is run from elsewhere although there is an onsite office used occasionally. Location of office well hidden. Note that as a result of a standoff with CaRT there is no elsan on site although the pump out at the lift bridge is supposed to work. A fairly basic marina but If all you want us to moor a boat then just fine. Bus route passes by. Now called Pennington, used to be Leigh.

Thanks Mike! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

 Note that as a result of a standoff with CaRT there is no elsan on site although the pump out at the lift bridge is supposed to work.

Pennington Wharf Marina is a BWML marina. Is there generally friction between BWML and CRT or is this teething troubles for a new location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2019 at 07:53, MHS said:

Pennington Wharf Marina is a BWML marina. Is there generally friction between BWML and CRT or is this teething troubles for a new location?

I only know that BWML have repeatedly asked CaRT to reinstate the elsan at the bridge but they decline. It would be normal business relations for one company to be reluctant to provide a facility free to another do that they don't have to fund it themselves. I gather that moorers in the marina have to use the CaRT pump out. The folk who urged Cart to divest themselves of the marinas might reflect on beware what you ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.