The Vine Inn. Kinver S&W

arbutus

Featured Posts

Its been commented on several times on here in the past that the Vine isn't/wasn't up to much. We've never been in there but it always struck me as strange as according to the business cards in The Eagle & Sun at Hanbury Wharf they are in the same small group of 5 pubs.  We've eaten at The Eagle & Sun many times over the last 5 years and in our experience they cannot be faulted. Strange.  

10 hours ago, Rob-M said:

It was all closed up when we went past a couple of weeks ago.

One hopes that it's closed for a thorough clean. That report, and its accompanying pictures, is appalling. We haven't heard Mr. Aust's side of the story, but such dirty and dangerous conditions would surely be hard to defend.

This must be in to negative food hygiene ratings territory. Perhaps using rats as an indication on the notice.

Food Unhygiene Rating

?????

A shame as it is a superb location. I did eat in a pub with only a three rating. I survived and expect to one day make a full recovery.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

On 13/07/2019 at 09:25, Jen-in-Wellies said:

A shame as it is a superb location. I did eat in a pub with only a three rating. I survived and expect to one day make a full recovery.

Jen

As a single star means it's not actually going to make you ill I wonder how bad some places really have to be to get shut down. I guess we now know from the Vine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2019 at 20:28, ditchcrawler said:

One of the best Indian takeaways I've had was Polesworth, closed, fined and reopened.

Was the The India Garden next door to The Bull's Head ? We had an excellent meal there in 2017... and a veritable skinfull of Titanic Plum Porter in The Bull's head..

Edited by Pete of Ebor

2 hours ago, Pete of Ebor said:

Was the The India Garden next door to The Bull's Head ? We had an excellent meal there in 2017... and a veritable skinfull of Titanic Plum Porter in The Bull's head..

Same here... ?

3 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

It must be very rare for a prison sentence (albeit suspended) to be handed out for this sort of thing.  There was also a victim surcharge, but it doesn't mention any victims.

Indeed rare but this case involved more than (just) food hygiene but a lot of other H&S deficiencies including dangerous childrens' play equipment. I would hazard a guess that these will have contri9buted significantly to the sentence.

5 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

It must be very rare for a prison sentence (albeit suspended) to be handed out for this sort of thing.  There was also a victim surcharge, but it doesn't mention any victims.

I think the owner had been warned over several years to get his act together but failed to do anything. That's why he only had a 1 star rating.

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2019 at 10:53, Pete of Ebor said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/massive-30000-fine-filthy-indian-11152164 

2 hours ago, sharpness said:

Stopped in Kinver today, I see The Vine has reopened "Under New Management" It looked as though it has been smartened up outside, lets hope it has inside as well, didn't venture in though.

The New Management sign has been on the wall for the last few years. As I understand it there is a caretaker manager for the next month or so with the pub serving drinks only. Then it will shut for refurbishment and re-open serving food and drinks (no idea when). At the weekend there were people sitting outside having drinks, but I was told by a local that the interior of the pub is disappointingly tatty. I hope it improves.