Consultation on exhaust emissions on inland waterways

GUMPY

Featured Posts

53 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Just looked at the crown oils website and heating oil is ULS so looks like your mate is behind the times as the rules for it were changed in 2016 

Rotherham bio fuels has been open for years and is where I have bought my fuel from

How do you get your boat to Rotherham Bio Fuels, hardly canal/riverside is it ? The original question was where to get bio diesel on the cut, so you haven't bought any  whilst making any of your 1/2 day mini trips. Please send the link regarding ULS heating oil and I'll pass it on to Esso for comment.

39 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

How do you get your boat to Rotherham Bio Fuels, hardly canal/riverside is it ? The original question was where to get bio diesel on the cut, so you haven't bought any  whilst making any of your 1/2 day mini trips. Please send the link regarding ULS heating oil and I'll pass it on to Esso for comment.

Crown oils website and on a quick Google search. If you reaf what I have put I don't use any fuel at all, and my trips can be for weeks.

But look you keep on justifying your lifestyle on here, I am sure the consultation Will read your Post's and allow the continued use of diesel, if you are lucky it will even be red and not the expensive White which the results of the last consultation seems to indicate

54 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Crown oils website and on a quick Google search.

Sorry I can't find anything on the Crown oils web site that mentions ULS Kerosene.  I would be most grateful if you could send the link to the relevant page please.

39 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Sorry I can't find anything on the Crown oils web site that mentions ULS Kerosene.  I would be most grateful if you could send the link to the relevant page please.

Type in llow sulphur 28 second's heating oil and the link comes up on phone can't post links

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

Type in llow sulphur 28 second's heating oil and the link comes up on phone can't post links

I just tried that Peter but no links come up on the Crown website about ULS heating oil for me.

Just the Crown home page came up as first result but I too can find nothing on the Crown site about ULS heating oil or ULS kero. 

50 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I just tried that Peter but no links come up on the Crown website about ULS heating oil for me.

Just the Crown home page came up as first result but I too can find nothing on the Crown site about ULS heating oil or ULS kero. 

You won't find it because it doesn't exist in the uk. It's just more innacuracies bounded about just like his boats performance. Between Peter and a highly qualified Esso lab bod that says it doesn't exist in the uk. Who would you believe.? Crown oils only mention low suphur 28 second heating oil, nothing about ULS 28 second heating oil.

Edited by Flyboy
  • Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

You won't find it because it doesn't exist in the uk. It's just more innacuracies bounded about just like his boats performance. Between Peter and a highly qualified Esso lab bod that says it doesn't exist in the uk. Who would you believe.?

Have Esso UK not been only a brand name for forecourt operations for ExxonMobil for the last 20 years?

I'm not surprised they don't deal in heating oil.

Edited by TheBiscuits
Punctuation
  • Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Have Esso UK not been only a brand name for forecourt operations for ExxonMobil for the last 20 years?

I'm not surprised they don't deal in heating oil.

I can assure you that Esso Fawley do produce heating oil as do all refineries.  Esso is not just a brand name.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawley_Refinery

35 minutes ago, Loddon said:

No answer by @peterboat to my question in post 232 I'll take it  that range is limited in the winter.

I got no reply when I asked about boating up through Stoke in an overcast September, stopping at Harecastle south over night and doing the tunnel the next morning. Which is not a ridiculous made up scenario but one that many will have experienced.

3 minutes ago, StephenA said:

I got no reply when I asked about boating up through Stoke in an overcast September, stopping at Harecastle south over night and doing the tunnel the next morning. Which is not a ridiculous made up scenario but one that many will have experienced.

He missed a chance there, as his boat is to big for that canal he could have answered with that and dodged the question ;)

The hilarious thing is that when you lot aren't boating because it's to expensive, or diesel is difficult to get, I will still be boating! Why I can't be bothered answering inanely stupid questions is simple, what's the point? You have read the consultation it doesn't give a keep the status quo, so you Will have to do something or give up boating simples

There are 30000 boats on the canal and probably 29000 or more will give up boating, including myself, and the canals will turn into festering weed-filled muddy ditches except in London where it will be a linear weed-filled muddy park for static homes. Nobody will visit the towpaths, ever, and CRT will crow about how ecologically friendly they are. Thank God I'll be dead by then (I hope)

12 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

There are 30000 boats on the canal and probably 29000 or more will give up boating, including myself, and the canals will turn into festering weed-filled muddy ditches except in London where it will be a linear weed-filled muddy park for static homes. Nobody will visit the towpaths, ever, and CRT will crow about how ecologically friendly they are. Thank God I'll be dead by then (I hope)

There are over 80,000 boats registered on the inland waterways + another 150,000+ coastal based leisure boats.

That's a huge income for marinas, fuel suppliers, chandlers, restaurants, pubs, shops, workshops etc etc.

22 minutes ago, peterboat said:

The hilarious thing is that when you lot aren't boating because it's to expensive, or diesel is difficult to get, I will still be boating! Why I can't be bothered answering inanely stupid questions is simple, what's the point? You have read the consultation it doesn't give a keep the status quo, so you Will have to do something or give up boating simples

So basically you can't actually give reasonable answers to sensible questions. You just get on your high horse and start pontificating.

• Greenie 2