Proper Waterway...?

Rob-M

Featured Posts

The lock walls area bit rough though, and if the boat is anything like 57ft long be prepared to fill the engine bay with water when you come down, unless the have fixed the very leaky top gates since last year.

Just now, pearley said:

One of the guides describes that paddle gear as hydraulic, which they are not. Rather like Hatton.

We watched a boat come through as we had visited by car, one end was a wheel that would the gate paddle up, the other end was a drum.

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

The lock walls area bit rough though, and if the boat is anything like 57ft long be prepared to fill the engine bay with water when you come down, unless the have fixed the very leaky top gates since last year.

The gates weren't leaking today, they were getting a coat of paint.

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

I went through when it still belonged to the Linton Lock Commissioners - they took a tenner (I think) as you went through. - I thought this lock was heavy, then we got to Milby...

Us too, in the early 90s when there was a huge crack in the downstream bullnose. 

And no fancy floating pontoons for access.

But did spend a boozy afternoon moored to a tree above the lock watching the planes from the local airfield.