Are flies attracted to wet paint?

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

You are missing out.

ask the flies

A focus group needs setting up

also you are being discriminatory against wasps and bees and other flying insects.

i am offended by your behaviour. Horse flies have a right to a voice and to dance on your paint.

Now I am normally a fairly live and let live sort of simian with a keen interest in the natural world but horse flies nope, I hate them with a passion and they should all burn 

:)

44 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

No he isn't - no bees or wasps have been daft enough to land on the wet paint.  Or perhaps he is being discriminatory against pterodactyls too?

I have a spray to keep them at bay. It works well, I’ve not seen one for years. 

Edited by WotEver
Tryping

4 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Can you still get a "Flit" spray.

It was a can with a sort of bike pump attached.You filled the can with dilute Jeyes fluid or any stuff that flies hate and pumped.

My mum had one in er,1958.

You can get a modern equivalent.   https://www.chrysanthemumsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Flit-Sprayer.html

It's really hard to tell what's going on here. I think you need to paint thousands of tiny flies and see if they stick just to your boat, everyone's boats, or lots of other things too. Then we'll have a much better idea of what's occurring. 

18 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

Can you still get a "Flit" spray.

It was a can with a sort of bike pump attached.You filled the can with dilute Jeyes fluid or any stuff that flies hate and pumped.

My mum had one in er,1958.

Where do you spray the solution? I'm trying to paint and wouldn't want contaminants all over the clean, prepped surfaces.