Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
catweasel

Another Senior Moment.

Featured Posts

On 10/07/2019 at 21:22, catweasel said:

Yes, then there are the "fridge moments" when you start to do something, and promptly forget what you were doing.
As for the TV remote, I am going to tie it to the telly with a length of string.
Then when you are half way through a tale........

I was sat in the doctors waiting room not long ago and decided to make a quick fone call to the wife. I got my fone out of my pocket to pop outside to ring her and found I had picked the tv remote up instead of my fone, which I had left ont boat next tut telly :wacko:

  • Happy 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gone out shopping with my driving licence instead of a credit card,,,,,,,,,,,more than once!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spending ages soldering up a multipin connector to multicore audio cable, then finding that you've forgotten to slide the cast metal connector backshell over the cable first...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IanD said:

Spending ages soldering up a multipin connector to multicore audio cable, then finding that you've forgotten to slide the cast metal connector backshell over the cable first...

An old colleague of mine offered to put the plugs on a full set of new theatre lights for the local amateur dramatics group. It was only when he had wired up all the plug bases that he realised that the tops were the type that had to be threaded onto the cable first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, David Mack said:

An old colleague of mine offered to put the plugs on a full set of new theatre lights for the local amateur dramatics group. It was only when he had wired up all the plug bases that he realised that the tops were the type that had to be threaded onto the cable first.

 

A Stanley knife soon converted my plugs of this type......😃

 

 

 

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IanD said:

Spending ages soldering up a multipin connector to multicore audio cable, then finding that you've forgotten to slide the cast metal connector backshell over the cable first...

Yup!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NB Esk said:

 

A Stanley knife soon converted my plugs of this type......😃

 

 

 

Doesn't work with big multipin connectors with metal backshells.. 😞

  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day I went downstairs from my office because I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table. While downstairs I made myself useful: I transferred washing from machine to drying rack, emptied the recycling into the outside bin, placed drinks in the fridge to cool, made a cup of coffee....when I got back up to my office with my coffee, I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table.

 

Whether this was due to my current age or whether I've always been like that I couldn't say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Athy said:

The other day I went downstairs from my office because I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table. While downstairs I made myself useful: I transferred washing from machine to drying rack, emptied the recycling into the outside bin, placed drinks in the fridge to cool, made a cup of coffee....when I got back up to my office with my coffee, I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table.

 

Whether this was due to my current age or whether I've always been like that I couldn't say.

 

Why did I think they were going out with the recycling?....😃

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

 

Why did I think they were going out with the recycling?....😃

 

 

Perhaps because I can see this screen clearly? That's why I wanted them in the first place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Athy said:

The other day I went downstairs from my office because I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table. While downstairs I made myself useful: I transferred washing from machine to drying rack, emptied the recycling into the outside bin, placed drinks in the fridge to cool, made a cup of coffee....when I got back up to my office with my coffee, I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table.

 

Whether this was due to my current age or whether I've always been like that I couldn't say.

Based entirely on your presence on this forum and the image i have formed  i would guess you have always been like that :)

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Based entirely on your presence on this forum and the image i have formed  i would guess you have always been like that :)

 

Ooooh.......that's harsh.  Next you'll be telling us you've never sat on a branch and then proceeded to saw it off. 😉

 

 

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NB Esk said:

Ooooh.......that's harsh.  Next you'll be telling us you've never sat on a branch and then proceeded to saw it off. 😉

 

 

:clapping:

Not harsh, just quite funny - and after all, by implication TM is including everyone who is present on CWDF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Athy said:

The other day I went downstairs from my office because I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table. While downstairs I made myself useful: I transferred washing from machine to drying rack, emptied the recycling into the outside bin, placed drinks in the fridge to cool, made a cup of coffee....when I got back up to my office with my coffee, I realised that I had left my spectacles on the kitchen table.

 

Whether this was due to my current age or whether I've always been like that I couldn't say.

 

 

Actually I have been doing this sort of thing all my life. Even as a teenager I used to say to myself "this is the sort of thing my dad does, and blames it on getting older. When I'm his age and I still do it, I'll remember how I do it now as a youngster and therefore it is not the effect of age..."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/07/2019 at 22:44, IanD said:

Spending ages soldering up a multipin connector to multicore audio cable, then finding that you've forgotten to slide the cast metal connector backshell over the cable first...

I literally have just done this! I wish I had read this half an hour ago. Arrrgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 22:44, IanD said:

Spending ages soldering up a multipin connector to multicore audio cable, then finding that you've forgotten to slide the cast metal connector backshell over the cable first...

Whilst wiring a 96 pin DPD connector I also forgot to put the backshell on , slid it down 100m of multicore cable.

Did other end, I did the same again, what to do?

Needed tails for monitor desk so cut 5m off end and sorted it all out. Company never noticed that one of their multicores was 5m short!

Age was not an excuse I was only 30!

Edited by Loddon
  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mislaid the owner's manual for my car.  .... searched high and low with no success ....    after a few months I got fed up and bought a replacement on ebay ...............  when it arrived I went to put it in the glove box. 

 

guess what !!

 

yes, the new manual is the subject of an ebay return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Whilst wiring a 96 pin DPD connector I also forgot to put the backshell on , slid it down 100m of multicore cable.

Did other end, I did the same again, what to do?

Needed tails for monitor desk so cut 5m off end and sorted it all out. Company never noticed that one of their multicores was 5m short!

Age was not an excuse I was only 30!

 

Quite. 

 

I have been forgetting to put backshells on since aged about 8, when I was first allowed a soldering iron in my bedroom. Or smouldering iron as I prefer to call them...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Whilst wiring a 96 pin DPD connector I also forgot to put the backshell on , slid it down 100m of multicore cable.

Did other end, I did the same again, what to do?

Needed tails for monitor desk so cut 5m off end and sorted it all out. Company never noticed that one of their multicores was 5m short!

Age was not an excuse I was only 30!

 

Your signature is kinda perfect for that post. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.