Attacked in Curdworth

Rob-M

Featured Posts

Came down through Curdworth locks and got absolutely bitten to pieces by either midges or mosquitoes. Can't believe the number of bites we both suffered, bitten on the head, face, neck, arms, legs and feet. It's bl@@#y annoying.

1 minute ago, Machpoint005 said:

"Attacked" isn't really the right word (I had visions of yobs throwing stones at yhou, or hooded figures with knives).

The flying biting insects are only behaving like flying biting insects - they are unable to do anything else!

I thought I would go for a sensationalist headline.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

"Attacked" isn't really the right word (I had visions of yobs throwing stones at yhou, or hooded figures with knives).

The flying biting insects are only behaving like flying biting insects - they are unable to do anything else!

Good journalistic practice: grab readers' attention with a dramatic headline! 

Good boating practice: carry a tube of Anthisan bite & sting relieving ointment on board.

Edited by Athy

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Good journalistic practice: grab readers' attention with a dramatic headline! 

Good boating practice: carry a tube of Anthisan bite & sting relieving ointment on board.

And a bottle of Avon skin so soft

Edited by Athy
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Or a can of WD-40 and a lighter!

Offence is the best form of defence ...

Not sure Mrs-M would have appreciated me spraying burning WD-40 at her to clear all the little bugs off her back.

• Horror 1

These beasties thrive on carbon dioxide especially from your breath. If you happen to have BO ? its much worse.  :closedeyes: And if you have bad breath and smelly feet as well as BO then thev little beggers will be really seriousely affectionate towards you. If so its best to completey wrap yourself up with cling film leaving no bareness exposed,  with a full head type F1 crash helmet on top with peel off tapes on the visor so you can continur to see.

Edited by bizzard

I can cope with the mossies, Tiger Balm works if you and yours can cope with the smell, it stains sheets irreparably by the way.

Its horse flies that crucify me and take months to heal.

Wearing gloves helps, so you don't scratch.

Sam.

Another one that hates horseflies. I thought they might have died off a bit this year but no, last couple of weeks they are out in abundance. I hate the way that they follow you and you don't always feel them landing. At least if you do they give you a couple of seconds before they bite (if you feel them land) and only seem to come out between 10 and 4, when it's sunny.

We use jungle formula every day this time of year. I even spray it on my hair if cruising or sat on the grass at side of boat. Use the roll on type for the arms, legs, face, neck etc and spray for the rest. It stinks but it does work. Well I say very day but forgot yesterday so have a bite on my hand and ankle lol.

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

And a bottle of Avon skin so soft

Does that still work? I heard that Avon had changed the formula, losing the Citronella, thus rendering it ineffective. (I'm still using an old bottle :D)

3 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I had visions of yobs throwing stones at you

Curiously, near Curdworth is one of the very few places we have had a stone thrown at us, probably back in 2005...

Mossies don't seem to like me

Richard

8 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Curiously, near Curdworth is one of the very few places we have had a stone thrown at us, probably back in 2005...

Mossies don't seem to like me

Richard

The same with us around the same time, kids off loaded a mattress and a large sack of kindling over the bridge. What they didn't know was I watched them drag it all down the road so was ready for it and stopped the boat before it hit me. Never had any trouble there since then though.