Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

I’m about to cross the border; I’ve got my credit card but no cheques, or postal orders.

I’m heading to Ayrshire this evening. Is it safe now that Lady G is in Yorkshire?

JP

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Pedalo, er - Pendolino?

Yes, the latter, it’s marginally quicker and thankfully it’s not one with a stupid name. I exited the nasty diseasel from Birmingham at Warrington.

JP

7 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

It’s raining

That's nothing new. It's always raining in Scotland!

13 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

It’s raining

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't. 

14 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Be afraid, very afraid if a Scots man gets his Sgian-dubh out. :D

Now that Yoga In Kilts is a thing the Sgian-dubh might not be the thing you need to worry about. :huh:

iu.jpeg

I got married in Scotland, at Gretna.  Depressing place (Gretna, not Scotland) obviously an omen for things to come.  Served it's purpose though, perfect excuse not to invite a hoard of sponging friends and relatives. 😃 Saved me a fortune, lol....

2 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

I’m about to cross the border; I’ve got my credit card but no cheques, or postal orders.

I’m heading to Ayrshire this evening. Is it safe now that Lady G is in Yorkshire?

JP

I am best man at a wedding in Glasgow in october. Please let me know if there is electricity there yet or wether I need to bring a gennie to charge my mobile fone...............ooh just thinking about it will my mobile phone work in Jockland?  :D

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I am best man at a wedding in Glasgow in october. Please let me know if there is electricity there yet or wether I need to bring a gennie to charge my mobile fone...............ooh just thinking about it will my mobile phone work in Jockland?  :D

Take your rain mac and a translator. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Naughty Cal said:

Its at the university so most of em can nearly speak English lol.

34 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Be afraid, very afraid if a Scots man gets his Sgian-dubh out. 

Knife to meet you, to meet you knife as Bruce didn't say!

45 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes and yes. No mobile phone roaming charges, thanks to the E.U. 😂🤣😂:D:cheers:

• Haha 1

Being dual nationality ie having both Scottish and English bus passes,  I don't have any problems venturing over the border in either direction. Presently in Yorkshire, which is the best of both worlds.

• Greenie 2

56 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

"NEW & USED (32) FROM £0.14"

They are overcharging for it!

"Stitch that Jimmy" - "I disagree with your statement." :D

iu.jpeg

• Love 1

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

........just thinking about it will my mobile phone work in Jockland?

You'll be OK you will still get no roaming charges until 1st November.

23 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Glasgow is fine. I visit two or three times every year and it’s usually one of the better overnight trips I do, partly down to the locals being good company. Last night I was in Ayr, it might be only 50 minutes away on the train but it’s decades away in all other respects. I started to understand why Lady G was struggling with the housing market in Largs.

Anyway I’ve escaped now and I’m currently trying to get through Yorkshire as quickly as possible.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

I had the interesting task of reserving a table at an Indian restaurant in Ayr. I think originating from Coventry was actually a help there. I booked to make sure they didn’t shut up shop and go home rather than because it was busy. It was that kind of town.

JP

When you head north out of Englandshire you do get into a bit of a dead zone. Things get better when you go further north or east.

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

When you head north out of Englandshire you do get into a bit of a dead zone. Things get better when you go further north or east.

I stayed in Perth on one occasion last year. That was clearly not north or east enough.

JP

8 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

I stayed in Perth on one occasion last year. That was clearly not north or east enough.

JP

Definitely correct! Sis in law lives in Perth - we’ve never liked it. Dull dull dull.

On 10/07/2019 at 20:29, mrsmelly said:

Not with your accent🤣