“Wisey” board

Featured Posts

Hi

i need some of this to replace old stuff as engine access hatch ( aluminium checker plate proved way too expensive)- every one here calls it Wisey board but am having difficulty sourcing under this name- mine

is 15mm thick looks like plywood on the edges but has a black surface- it’s been mostly ok on my cruiser stern open to the elements for the last five years so it must be water resistant at the very least......I need to replace it now though

if you know the proper name I would be grateful for the info 

thanks

Be very careful with this. Genuine buffalo board is excellent and does make very good engine covers etc. Phenolic plywood, which is purported to be the same thing, can be junk ESPECIALLY if it is made in China. Genuine Buffalo board has the buffalo label stamped on the underneath.

14047432931Buffalo_board_logo.jpg

• Greenie 1

Wouldn't have thought there was a significant difference price wise between genuine buffalo board and checker plate, and you don't have to worry abut sealing the edges with aluminium.