Fitting Ammeter shunt

Johny London

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I think you have missed a bit.  There is no real problem having "battery - cable - shunt - other wires".

There is very little advantage connecting the shunt directly to the batteries, but there must not be any other connections between them. "Battery - cable - shunt - everything" is how it should be done.  Bolting the shunt to the battery terminals is in fact wrong!

No - I haven't missed a bit - if you read back through the post, I was trying to source a short cable and couldn't get one anywhere! I think like this, perhaps it's not aesthetically pleasing, but electrically speaking it's even better, as Wotever points out.

I also took the opportunity to wedge the battery temperature sensor in between a couple of the batteries, so that is up and running now. 

And I moved the Webasto wire too :)

Just need to find out where a stray 5amps is going!

Edited by Johny London

3 hours ago, Johny London said:

Just fit a little solar panel. It won't help to identify the problem, but when we get a sunny day you can at least forget about it for a while! ;)

5 hours ago, Johny London said:

See t’other thread where I’ve linked a meter you can have delivered tomorrow for £22.