It's Official it's a project

Featured Posts

Having been on board for six weeks, the interior painting has been slow, very very slow. Undeterred, I decided to crack on with the outside:  it's blue , everywhere is blue, even the anodised window frames! Next week the pontoon side will be dark grey, light grey/dark grey/mid grey/black. Signwriter booked in for six week hence, he suggests bright orange signwriting, suits me. He did not even blink when I suggested yellow rivets, lol. I am going for the Eye of Horus, instead :)

Paint arrives Wednesday, should have one side finished in seven days.

Edited by LadyG

17 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Having been on board for six weeks, the interior painting has been slow, very very slow. Undeterred, I decided to crack on with the outside:  it's blue , everywhere is blue, even the anodised window frames! Next week the pontoon side will be dark grey, light grey/dark grey/mid grey/black. Signwriter booked in for six week hence, he suggests bright orange signwriting, suits me. He did not even blink when I suggested yellow rivets, lol. I am going for the Eye of Horus, instead :)

Paint arrives Wednesday, should have one side finished in seven days.

I chose to see this post, you are ignored normally.

So blue with bright orange? Yellow rivets? Will suit your personality, sickly. One in the eye, literally.

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

So blue with bright orange? Yellow rivets? Will suit your personality, sickly. One in the eye, literally.

Blue gloss everywhere ............................... not for long.......................

If you want to see my inspiration, check Lady Grey 100 tea bags box

https://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/earl-grey-tea.

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

fingers crossed for “goldilocks” weather then ;)

I don't mind if only one side is done and dusted, I have no shame .....................

PS, we are talking "concept" rather than professional finish, , it has to be better than Blue Gloss with feature drips, inside and out!

Edited by LadyG

13 minutes ago, billS said:

Didn't someone think it was a good idea to paint their boat with all-over blacking a couple of years ago?

I've got blacking on the well deck, it's too hot to walk on, I don't fancy stripping it.

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Is that you crying wolf again?

2 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

You have no imagination....... But to be fair you don't have to like it, you just have to put up with it if it's the blot on your landscape. 

Edited by Tumshie

1 hour ago, billS said:

Didn't someone think it was a good idea to paint their boat with all-over blacking a couple of years ago?

Yes, I can see this one going the same way ;)

What was her name?

Edited by Loddon

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

You really don't remember? 

I do.

I offered to go and help her / take her to look at a boat - boy, am I glad I didn't.

We all remember what happened when someone did help her !!!

Just now, NB Esk said:

Something like Miss Max.

MadMax would have been better.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Loddon said:

No I am terrible with names, never forget a face though

@MissMax ?

All made for very interesting reading at the time. It was one of the only things that happened that year that I followed in real time - all the other dramas happened round about me an I missed them all. 

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Loddon said:

No I am terrible with names, never forget a face though

This reminds me of a rather pointed put-down, which I hope is true. Chap is introduced to a smart lady at an upper-crust gathering and says words to the effect of "We met last year I'm terrible with faces but I never forget a dress".

3 hours ago, Nut said:

pics when done please

Noooo, we want before and after pics

1 hour ago, Chris Williams said:

I always fancied painting a narrowboat Battleship Grey all over, just to upset everyone.  And with a 'whoop - whoop' whistle.  

Plenty of grey narrowboats about. Usually primer rather than battleship grey. ?

41 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I do.

I offered to go and help her / take her to look at a boat - boy, am I glad I didn't.

We all remember what happened when someone did help her !!!

MadMax would have been better.

She threatened to come round and remove my kidneys ?

3 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Noooo, we want before and after pics

Plenty of grey narrowboats about. Usually primer rather than battleship grey. ?

She threatened to come round and remove my kidneys ?

I was getting about 20 emails everyday telling me what 'people' had done, or tried to do to her.

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I was getting about 20 emails everyday telling me what 'people' had done, or tried to do to her.

Did anybody ever actualy meet Miss Max?

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Did anybody ever actualy meet Miss Max?

Yes a member here went to see her and help her understand her 'systems' he was then accused of expecting her (quote) "get her trolleys off in return"

Some of it is in the old thread I linked to.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes a member here went to see her and help her understand her 'systems' he was then accused of expecting her (quote) "get her trolleys off in return"

Some of it is in the old thread I linked to.

Possibly a prerequisite to helping her to understand her "systems" ?  (Someone's nicked my smileys)

2 hours ago, Athy said:

This reminds me of a rather pointed put-down, which I hope is true. Chap is introduced to a smart lady at an upper-crust gathering and says words to the effect of "We met last year I'm terrible with faces but I never forget a dress".

I was told by my wife's Aunt that the senior gynaecologist in the area once put down a very pushy woman with the line “I’m sorry madam, I never remember a face.”  

• Haha 1