Antenna / Ariel mast

Mohsen

Featured Posts

Evening ladies & gents,

Ive got myself a moonraker tv ariel and a poynting 4G antenna. I want to put them on the same mast, as high up as is feasible. 

What does everyone else use for masts like this? Any ideas of how to temporarily clamp it to the boat whilst it is static?

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, Mohsen said:

Evening ladies & gents,

Ive got myself a moonraker tv ariel and a poynting 4G antenna. I want to put them on the same mast, as high up as is feasible. 

What does everyone else use for masts like this? Any ideas of how to temporarily clamp it to the boat whilst it is static?

Cheers,

Two builders scaffold clamps attached to the front or back of the boat, (depending on where you want the TV) one above the other (one near the deck, one near the roof line)

5 metre long scaffold pole. Attach aerials to the top.

Feed pole thru the two clamps - Jobs done.

A simple strong system that is easily dismounted for that occasion that you need to fetch water, empty the toilet etc.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I’ve got my tv aerial and 4g aerial mounted on a telescopic decorators pole. I used the old aerial pole to mount it so I can pull the pin and pivot it down to get it out of the way. Being telescopic I can double the height of it. 

8 hours ago, rustydiver said:

I’ve got my tv aerial and 4g aerial mounted on a telescopic decorators pole. I used the old aerial pole to mount it so I can pull the pin and pivot it down to get it out of the way. Being telescopic I can double the height of it. 

Ditto but my pole is three section one. I use a munsen ring as the upper clamp and a cup made from an old pipe fitting at the bottom. Caucasus a pole is probably overkill for

the OP because he says the boat is static.

• Greenie 1

I used to have a long pole years ago, I still see many boats with eighty feet long poles rising above the highest trees. I think this is a throwback to years ago with television signals. When digital first came in it was crap but now in 99 percent of places we get a brill selection of channels from our 10 pounds ebay arerial mounted a foot above the roof. We have travelled extensively without trouble. Last year at one spot on the K and A we got no signal so we used our 8 pounds five inches high digital aerial mounted on the roof and got a perfect picture. Not had any tv pole for years traveling between Yorkshire, London, Bristol etc. Just my twopenneth.

Try looking for a thing called a "caramast" ebay and Amazon do them <£30. A three section telescopic pole system, comes with two plastic mounting brackets that you can use to bolt onto the boat (in my case I needed to make a hole through the roof overhang because the mountings don't stick out very far, but actually that is a good thing in terms of appearance and not getting in the way). I've got my tv, dab and 4g aerials all on there. You can just drop the poles down into themselves when cruising, leaving the aerials above the roof line - but if that's still too tall, just slide out the top pole and lay it on the roof (you need to ensure you have enough cable). 

I am using an extending mop pole fixed to a mag mount, using the top of an old mop head.

An a;lternative, which would give a bit more height is an extending clothes rope prop from Wilco.