Two month boat rental 2020

RevCedd

Featured Posts

I am a fairly experienced narrow boater (hiring for a number of years, now a shared owner and also a licensed skipper on the Medway) and next year I am having a three month sabbatical from work, from 1 March to end of May.

I am thinking about hiring a boat for, say, 8 weeks in the middle of that period and, for some of that time, it would just be me and my dog.  I have single-handed my own boat before so I know this is not a problem.  However the long term boat rental companies I have seen so far want to have two people on board and no pets!

Does anyone here know of anyone or any company that can offer reasonably priced rental for that time who would accept one man and his dog?

Hi

A friend of mine owns such a boat. He has several hire fleets but also a single boat a 55 footer for long term hire. Its muck cheap for a couple of months and in season works out about 2100 pounds per month which I am sure you will realise is massively cheaper than by the week hire boats. He does multiples of months and of course its not some cowboy trying to make money from his private non licensed non insured boat. If you are interested pm me and I will give you details.

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

14 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi

A friend of mine owns such a boat. He has several hire fleets but also a single boat a 55 footer for long term hire. Its muck cheap for a couple of months and in season works out about 2100 pounds per month which I am sure you will realise is massively cheaper than by the week hire boats. He does multiples of months and of course its not some cowboy trying to make money from his private non licensed non insured boat. If you are interested pm me and I will give you details.

Helpful.

My brother, who I know very well, is to retire at the end of next month. He has been on Nightwatch often and has mentioned at times he's envious of our lifestyle. 

A couple of times he has mentioned living aboard. Though he is more of a fat boat liveaboarder than narrow. I have said, try it for a long period, altough I didn't know of any long term rentals. 

Your comments i will mention to him. I'll probably get roped into looking after him by being nearby, but that's good. He may not like it, he might.

Thanks for your post Tim. 

Edited by Nightwatch
  • Greenie 1

10 hours ago, RevCedd said:

I am a fairly experienced narrow boater (hiring for a number of years, now a shared owner and also a licensed skipper on the Medway) and next year I am having a three month sabbatical from work, from 1 March to end of May.

I am thinking about hiring a boat for, say, 8 weeks in the middle of that period and, for some of that time, it would just be me and my dog.  I have single-handed my own boat before so I know this is not a problem.  However the long term boat rental companies I have seen so far want to have two people on board and no pets!

Does anyone here know of anyone or any company that can offer reasonably priced rental for that time who would accept one man and his dog?

If you'd like to discuss what your looking for and if any of our boats are of interest please drop us a line. Www.floating-holidays.co.uk 07901588364 might be worth meeting or showing you the boats, possibly discussing your planned itinery so you can get a better feel for it and make sure that we can organise any required service intervals to be maintained etc. Just logistics like that.