So did we 'steal' this lock?

magictime

Featured Posts

I am extremely surprised at the behaviour of the anderson staff ... I went down the flight last month on changeover day and just to help due to traffic on the M6 had a good hours delay, no great problem as i am never in a hurry , on the way back from Anderton it was bedlam! around 9 boats waiting, I was trying to hold on the far bank but even more boats were joining the queue ... the hire staff pulled me in and let me tie my boat off to one of theirs, i must have locked at least 8 boats through whilst i was waiting as there was only one Vlocky and it was teaming with rain ... yet no one else helped, just sat moaning, As a single crewed boater its not always easy to see whats going on ahead but coming back to topic in the same place in the same situation, I would have tried too get someones attention on the lock below to tell them my intentions and had they asked me to wait I would have waited.

When i plan my day i always add 2 hours for unforseen hold ups, particularly if going through flights or tunnels as the system is now far busier than ever and if i get to where i plan to moor I just class it as a bonus!

Rick

45 minutes ago, dccruiser said:

yet no one else helped, just sat moaning, 

Oooh!  Buttons pushed.

I had one of those today.  "I would have come and helped you singlehand the lock, but we had just stopped to make a coffee."

"Don't worry dear, it's fine.  I just told the two boats behind me they could reset the lock ..." :D

"Splutter splutter!"

Edited by TheBiscuits
  • Haha 2