Elsans on the Bridgewater

MHS

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if the elsans at the Golden Fleece in Lymm and at Lloyds Bridge are still operating and/or free to use. We are heading up there next week and are hoping there’s somewhere convenient between Anderton and Wigan to empty ours. 

Not sure about the Golden Fleece now,but Thorne Marine is still available Stockton Heath.Also outside Lymm on the right under a bridge but sorry not 100% on the name; something like Outwrightington. I think there is still Worseley.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, MHS said:

Does anyone know if the elsans at the Golden Fleece in Lymm and at Lloyds Bridge are still operating and/or free to use. We are heading up there next week and are hoping there’s somewhere convenient between Anderton and Wigan to empty ours. 

Lloyds Bridge and Butts Bridge both have free, operational elsans. 

17 minutes ago, rgreg said:

Lloyds Bridge and Butts Bridge both have free, operational elsans. 

Excellent, I didn’t know about the one at Butts Bridge, thank you. Is the one at Butts Bridge easy to find?

11 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Thank you Catweasel. I did look at that site earlier today but wondered if it’s kept up to date. There’s also no mention of whether their free. 

Edited by MHS

6 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Where is Butts Bridge?
Thanks.

I had a scan of a Nicholson’s from the Preston Brook end. Sod’s law, it’s in Leigh at the opposite end. 

32 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Not sure about the Golden Fleece now,but Thorne Marine is still available Stockton Heath.Also outside Lymm on the right under a bridge but sorry not 100% on the name; something like Outwrightington. I think there is still Worseley.

Sorry Catweasel, I missed this post as the notification link took me straight to rgreg’s. 

I assume Thorne Marine charge for its use? I sound really stingy, but don’t want to pay for something that’s free.

The one after a Lymm on the right is Lloyd Bridge. 

2 hours ago, MHS said:

Sorry Catweasel, I missed this post as the notification link took me straight to rgreg’s. 

I assume Thorne Marine charge for its use? I sound really stingy, but don’t want to pay for something that’s free.

The one after a Lymm on the right is Lloyd Bridge. 

I have never paid at Thorne. It is on the bridge side of the building and the normal key opens it. They do charge for water but only a pound IIRC.

2 hours ago, MHS said:

I had a scan of a Nicholson’s from the Preston Brook end. Sod’s law, it’s in Leigh at the opposite end. 

Cheers never knew about this one. We will be at Leigh for a little while so very handy to know ;)

3 hours ago, pearley said:

The one at Butts Bridge is fairly easy to miss. Look for some new concrete edging on offside and a big banner advertising the pub and it's beer garden.

That is useful info. Thanks

3 hours ago, pearley said:

The one at Butts Bridge is fairly easy to miss. Look for some new concrete edging on offside and a big banner advertising the pub and it's beer garden.

We will be up there next week, so will track it down. I will have to create a new folder on my laptop for photos of Elsans!!???

4 minutes ago, MHS said:

We will be up there next week, so will track it down. I will have to create a new folder on my laptop for photos of Elsans!!???

Might see you there, We will be around Leigh for a week or so whilst my better half has her tests at Leigh Infirmary. 

We will keep an eye out for you, it’s likely to be Thursday morning.

We’ve just sold our business after 29 years and are onboard our NB Vision Accomplished for 4 months. Hoping the Leeds Liverpool stays open in August for us to cruise its entire length. 

Catweasel, I’ve just realised that we shared the water point at Anderton with you yesterday and chatted with the couple of walkers who were fancying a boating holiday. See you in Leigh if not before. Cheers Mike & Wendy

2 hours ago, catweasel said:

That is useful info. Thanks

1 hour ago, MHS said:

We’ve just sold our business after 29 years and are onboard our NB Vision Accomplished for 4 months. Hoping the Leeds Liverpool stays open in August for us to cruise its entire length. 

Heres a picture I took earlier

IMG_20190603_121015279.jpg

2 hours ago, MHS said:

We've just left Middlewich & I remember seeing your boat(name) the other day.?

41 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

We've just left Middlewich & I remember seeing your boat(name) the other day.?

I remember your boat too. We’ve had our boat for 5 years, but have finally accomplished our vision! Heading up to Liverpool, then Skipton, Leeds, York and Ripon. 

1 hour ago, pearley said:

Heres a picture I took earlier

IMG_20190603_121015279.jpg

No wonder the weeds are healthy if you’ve been emptying your elsan there!

Is it actually near those white hand rails?

3 hours ago, MHS said:

Catweasel, I’ve just realised that we shared the water point at Anderton with you yesterday and chatted with the couple of walkers who were fancying a boating holiday. See you in Leigh if not before. Cheers Mike & Wendy

Wish I'd realised it was you!  I remember discussing the finer points of canal life with you and the walkers. No doubt our paths will cross again and look forward to seeing you both.
Cheers
Stan, Lynn and the insane dogs.

2 hours ago, MHS said:

I remember your boat too. We’ve had our boat for 5 years, but have finally accomplished our vision! Heading up to Liverpool, then Skipton, Leeds, York and Ripon. 

No wonder the weeds are healthy if you’ve been emptying your elsan there!

Is it actually near those white hand rails?

Brick built building at top of steps with double steel doors. That is one inside the other,  tap inside. No obvious way of getting to pub other than climbing the fence.

20 minutes ago, pearley said:

Brick built building at top of steps with double steel doors. That is one inside the other,  tap inside. No obvious way of getting to pub other than climbing the fence.

All the times I have been past there, and never knew about this!
Thanks for very useful info!