LED light question [not really boat-related]

Wittenham

Featured Posts

yep

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R7S-78mm-118mm-LED-Floodlight-Corn-Bulb-12W-16W-2835-SMD-Replace-Halogen-Lamps/163479735961?

probably won't dim though.

I find LED lights even though stated as dimmable really only have half ON, to full ON in about 4 steps unlike a hot filament bulb which goes from dim glow to full ON smoothly

1 hour ago, Detling said:

thanks, and it does say:  Dimmable: Not Dimmable 2835SMD

so I will need to give it a miss.  Would you know if dimmable is available at all?  And I agree that it is not much of a gradient on the dimming.

2 hours ago, Detling said:

I find LED lights even though stated as dimmable really only have half ON, to full ON in about 4 steps unlike a hot filament bulb which goes from dim glow to full ON smoothly

That’s caused by a dimmer that’s not designed for LEDs. Some top end dimmers have selectable settings for tungsten, halogen or led. The waveform for LEDs is very different. 

2 hours ago, Wittenham said:

thanks, and it does say:  Dimmable: Not Dimmable 2835SMD

so I will need to give it a miss.  Would you know if dimmable is available at all?  And I agree that it is not much of a gradient on the dimming.

Put r7s dimmable into eBay, lots of options to consider

• Greenie 1