Local available Dry Dock

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone. Could you assist me with the following?

I would like to refit out a Princess 31 river cruiser but am unable to find anywhere 

local (Ealing, West London) who has space for a few months for me to complete the work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im totally stuck.

s-l500.jpg

Hi. Yes just somewhere to stand it for a few months but I have no trailer.

Its located up north so just wanted to have it delivered to me local to the Grand Union in West London.

Long story short. I have a friend who has been homeless for sometime and I wanted

to fit a boat out for him as I can get a free mooring.

Just can't find somewhere I can fit it out before I get its Safety Licence.

Fitting out for me is the easy part, I am struggling for a place to work on it.

I have used Hyline Yachting in the distant past at Iver. You could try Eel Pie Island Marine on the Thames at Twickenham but it would be a problem to get it there by road or Nauticalia have a yard at Shepperton. Otherwise a Yard or Farm. Not going to be cheap and be careful you don't spend more than the boat is worth. I think you would need a Lorry to move it as it is probably too big(Wide) if it is 31ft long to fit on a car trailer.

2 hours ago, Anthony UB5 said:

Hi. Yes just somewhere to stand it for a few months but I have no trailer.

Its located up north so just wanted to have it delivered to me local to the Grand Union in West London.

Long story short. I have a friend who has been homeless for sometime and I wanted

to fit a boat out for him as I can get a free mooring.

Just can't find somewhere I can fit it out before I get its Safety Licence.

Fitting out for me is the easy part, I am struggling for a place to work on it.

If you have a free mooring do it there, afloat. get the boat safety done with no gas , etc installed to get it licenced and then have it retested when you have finished

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't think its quite ready to go in the water (yet)

s-l1600.jpg

Might be better off with the orange one. On a serious note, if its being delivered from up north then you can drop it anywhere, doesnt need to be waterside. I fitted my Narrowboat in a field in Suffolk,

If you can make it watertight before moving it you can licence it without a BSS as it would be exempt

Edited by ditchcrawler