It's All Alan Finchers Fault!

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I think @TheBiscuits can tell you how clean the BCN is or isn't.

IMG_20190606_135112.jpg.4ffde783e07ff34346f56166c4a1a70d.jpg

Crystal clear on the bits boats don't use enough.  :P

The tar pit I stood on where the boat wasn't isn't quite as seethrough though.

On the plus side I wrung my clothes out into the diesel tank and we are still running on it!

19 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

It's so clean the local strip off and go skiny dipping

FB_IMG_1558896894688.jpg

That' s a good point ... does Delilah ( :giggles: ) have a weedhatch or will @tree monkey need a drysuit?

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, RLWP said:

It can't be a big signwriting job to change DEHLI into DELHI.

4 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Possibly not, except the entire lot is underneath some very tired lacquer that is peeling and is blistering where the hollows in some orange peel were not keyed properly before the laquer was applied.

We can tidy it up a little  in some places but she will require a repaint. If it had not been lacquered then it might have been a different kettle of fish

Sorted it for you!

641047.2.jpg.c60a92991b720d79ce1abd2030747ce6.jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

The origins of Uncle Mort were documented on the now almost defunct Canals mailing list https://www.canals.com/maillist.htm. The boat was built by Steve Hudson for a chap who went by the online name of Captain Beaky. I wonder what happened to him.

He’s a member on here. Recent post:

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

IMG_20190606_135112.jpg.4ffde783e07ff34346f56166c4a1a70d.jpg

Crystal clear on the bits boats don't use enough.  :P

The tar pit I stood on where the boat wasn't isn't quite as seethrough though.

On the plus side I wrung my clothes out into the diesel tank and we are still running on it!

That' s a good point ... does Delilah ( :giggles: ) have a weedhatch or will @tree monkey need a drysuit?

Don't start changing the name - you know what happened last time forumites started using a different name for our boat! 

It doesn't have a weed hatch ?

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

The origins of Uncle Mort were documented on the now almost defunct Canals mailing list https://www.canals.com/maillist.htm. The boat was built by Steve Hudson for a chap who went by the online name of Captain Beaky. I wonder what happened to him.

He is still about but is selling the boat at Braunston Marina

1 minute ago, cheshire~rose said:

Don't start changing the name - you know what happened last time forumites started using a different name for our boat! 

It doesn't have a weed hatch ?

Could be worse ... I  read Pete Harrisons post to say she used to be called CHARIDEE the first time!

It's all for charidee mate!  Eeek!

Of course you could become the Deli boat ... caviar and oysters to accompany the fine cheeses and charcuterie!

Would you like me to put a word in with Richard Delves? :giggles:

@tree monkey you are going to need either a drysuit or a mankini next year, and I will donate more if it's a drysuit!

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

Sorted it for you!

641047.2.jpg.c60a92991b720d79ce1abd2030747ce6.jpg

I just turned the screen round to show Dave and said - Oh look! he asked when this photo was from and where I had found it 

very clever! 

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Could be worse ... I  read Pete Harrisons post to say she used to be called CHARIDEE the first time!

It's all for charidee mate!  Eeek!

Of course you could become the Deli boat ... caviar and oysters to accompany the fine cheeses and charcuterie!

Would you like me to put a word in with Richard Delves? :giggles:

@tree monkey you are going to need either a drysuit or a mankini next year, and I will donate more if it's a drysuit!

I thought you were crewing with us next year? 

Hearty congratulations on your acquisition, just don't drink the water.

Now then just turning to another burning issue from your herd of boats.

This Python that seems to be causing a kerfuffle in Cambridge …..'owt to do with you?

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

Was it not Captain Beeky rather than Beaky?

I used to enjoy the exploits of the Beekychuggers, but that was before CART chuggers.?

N

39 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

Just spotted this thread, and no I am not the same Captain Beaky referred to by Bruce Insanity, which means sadly I have never owned a Steve Hudson boat.

That's not something to be sad about!

Have you had enough of DEHLI / DELHI already as I see it is being advertised again today on Apollo Duck :captain:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/yarwoods-station-boat/573513

edit - I do know the answer, just seems odd for the previous owner to renew the advert - unless it is on some sort of auto renew as it states still 'available'.

Edited by pete harrison

No, we are still hoplessly besotted with her!

Even if I have yet to teach Dave it's not a good plan to start up the JP2 and cast off to meet me a couple of bridges further along with a trolley full of shopping without stowing the glass jar of gherkins he left on the galley worksurface! ?

I didn't know it had ever been marked as sold on there. I think the swiftness with which we completed after it having been on the market some time took John, the vendor, by surprise. I also suspect he was hoping we would back out at the last minute so he could keep her. ? I have to say I do understand how he feels. 

I suspect there is some kind of auto-renew option going in with The Duck. He is a little distracted by a very important birthday in the family this weekend but I am sure he will sort it in time and we already heard on the towpath telegraph that he had turned an enquiry away when we had our survey booked. 

Interestingly I spotted PAULINE at the back of a little nest of lovely old boats today. 

I am told our engine originated from Pauline

20190712_175415.jpg

Edited by cheshire~rose

33 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

No, we are still hoplessly besotted with her!

Even if I have yet to teach Dave it's not a good plan to start up the JP2 and cast off to meet me a couple of bridges further along with a trolley full of shopping without stowing the glass jar of gherkins he left on the galley worksurface! ?

I didn't know it had ever been marked as sold on there. I think the swiftness with which we completed after it having been on the market some time took John, the vendor, by surprise. I also suspect he was hoping we would back out at the last minute so he could keep her. ? I have to say I do understand how he feels. 

I suspect there is some kind of auto-renew option going in with The Duck. He is a little distracted by a very important birthday in the family this weekend but I am sure he will sort it in time and we already heard on the towpath telegraph that he had turned an enquiry away when we had our survey booked. 

Interestingly I spotted PAULINE at the back of a little nest of lovely old boats today. 

I am told our engine originated from Pauline

Pretty certain I passed you this morning at Leigh?

2 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Pretty certain I passed you this morning at Leigh?

We have passed through Leigh today yes, Dave says he thinks he recalls a boat called Destiny with a sociable bod on so that must have been you :)

we also saw Bearwood Boster

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, cheshire~rose said:

We have passed through Leigh today yes, Dave says he thinks he recalls a boat called Destiny with a sociable bod on so that must have been you :)

we also saw Bearwood Boster

No, I am a grumpy old git :)
I had my mind on other things (food) and it only dawned on me a few minutes later that it was you! Your boat is very nice indeed ;) Enjoy.