It's All Alan Finchers Fault!

Featured Posts

Perhaps she was lettered by the same signwriter who did 'Bilster' and, more recently, 'Antartic'.

Edit: I see that Fettler's Wharf recently sold a boat called 'Pheonix'. That'd be him again, then.

Edited by Athy

Just now, pete harrison said:

Please do not be taken in by the speculative drivel that has identified the former BWB maintenance boat HERON as being the original stern of DELHI. Although this is a possibility there are also at least two other possibilities - but I am keeping them to myself as 'enthusiasts' and at least one archivist have already miss-quoted me regarding HERON :captain:

I don't think I had dug out that piece of speculative drivel and no I won't get taken in, I need to have stuff substantiated by a reliable source before I even start to consider it as a possibility. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of historians in my circle of friends and I know I have to do a lot of listening and questioning when in their company if I am to learn.

6 minutes ago, RLWP said:

It can't be a big signwriting job to change DEHLI into DELHI. 

Richard

Possibly not, except the entire lot is underneath some very tired lacquer that is peeling and is blistering where the hollows in some orange peel were not keyed properly before the laquer was applied.

We can tidy it up a little  in some places but she will require a repaint. If it had not been lacquered then it might have been a different kettle of fish

Edited by cheshire~rose

1 minute ago, cheshire~rose said:

Possibly not, except the entire lot is underneath some very tired lacquer that is peeling and is blistering where the hollows in some orange peel were not keyed properly before the laquer was applied.

We can tidy it up a little  in some places but she will require a repaint. If i had not been lacquered then it might have been a different kettle of fish

I have rolls of red and white tape

Richard

4 minutes ago, RLWP said:

It can't be a big signwriting job to change DEHLI into DELHI. 

Richard

I love this:

P1070374.JPG

Richard

Uncle Mort is a beautifully specced boat for someone and that view makes it look lovely but we just don't like the bow I am afraid.

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

I have rolls of red and white tape

Richard

Aren't you lucky!

12 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Uncle Mort is a beautifully specced boat for someone and that view makes it look lovely but we just don't like the bow I am afraid.

It was the Tinniswood Carrying/Uncle Mort thing that caught my attention

Richard

Edited by RLWP

57 minutes ago, Athy said:

Perhaps she was lettered by the same signwriter who did 'Bilster' and, more recently, 'Antartic'.

Edit: I see that Fettler's Wharf recently sold a boat called 'Pheonix'. That'd be him again, then.

Or the one who did Cyprus/Cypress

2 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

we are going to need to join a lengthy waiting list to get the boat repainted

You probably don't want to paint her before next Spring Bank Holiday though! :cheers::boat:;)

Congratulations both on your new toy.

35 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

You probably don't want to paint her before next Spring Bank Holiday though! :cheers::boat:;)

Congratulations both on your new toy.

The bottom is being done in August - it might dissolve next Spring Bank holiday - however as this microbial corrosion is thought to occur where the water is cleaner perhaps we could save our money on treating it and head to Brum anyway ;) 

14 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

The bottom is being done in August - it might dissolve next Spring Bank holiday - however as this microbial corrosion is thought to occur where the water is cleaner perhaps we could save our money on treating it and head to Brum anyway ;) 

That'll be the BCN, where I've watched pike hunting smaller fish in the clear waters near Tipton

Richard

10 minutes ago, RLWP said:

That'll be the BCN, where I've watched pike hunting smaller fish in the clear waters near Tipton

Richard

Well as it appears that is her original home we must take her back there but, with regard to how clean and lovely it is around there just don't tell 'em Pike 

• Greenie 1