Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

p6rob

Armstrong Siddeley Centenary Rally 2019

Featured Posts

Hi,

Some of you may know, I've got an unhealthy interest in Armstrong Siddeley Cars, I own a 1949 Typhoon and 1937 Siddeley Special.

This year the Armstrong Siddeley Owners Club is celebrating the Centenary by having a week long event starting this Sunday (7th July 2019) at Bamburgh Castle, home to the Armstrong family and finishing next Sunday at The Memorial Park in Coventry. We'll also be visiting Cragside, Coventry motor museum and Kenilworth Castle during the week.

I know there are a few boats fitted with AS diesel's so thought some of you might be interested in attending. We're hoping to get over 100 cars at the Memorial park on Sunday 14th July 2019.

Anyone with a passing interest in Armstrong Siddeley's would be most welcome.

Rob

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, p6rob said:

Hi,

Some of you may know, I've got an unhealthy interest in Armstrong Siddeley Cars, I own a 1949 Typhoon and 1937 Siddeley Special.

This year the Armstrong Siddeley Owners Club is celebrating the Centenary by having a week long event starting this Sunday (7th July 2019) at Bamburgh Castle, home to the Armstrong family and finishing next Sunday at The Memorial Park in Coventry. We'll also be visiting Cragside, Coventry motor museum and Kenilworth Castle during the week.

I know there are a few boats fitted with AS diesel's so thought some of you might be interested in attending. We're hoping to get over 100 cars at the Memorial park on Sunday 14th July 2019.

Anyone with a passing interest in Armstrong Siddeley's would be most welcome.

Rob

Given your forum name I always assumed you had a Rover 2000 or 3500. 😁

Well spotted. I've always had Rover P6s since passing my driving test in 1990. Still have a 1966 2000TC but had to sell the 3500S when I got divorced.

I inherited the Armstrongs when my father died. 

• Greenie 1

One of the old boatmen I knew always referred to a visit to the bucket in the engine hole as “going to see Sidney” didn’t realize the engine was a Siddeley.

38 minutes ago, Dav and Pen said:

One of the old boatmen I knew always referred to a visit to the bucket in the engine hole as “going to see Sidney” didn’t realize the engine was a Siddeley.

I thougt the tag line was going to be "the engine was an Allard"

A marque that has long since been forgotten.

Unless anyone on here knows otherwise...

25 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

I thought the tag line was going to be "the engine was an Allard"

A marque that has long since been forgotten.

Unless anyone on here knows otherwise...

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/sponsored/lost-1954-allard-j2r-sopwiths-sphinx-finally-found

How's that.

I've seen a few Allards during my historic rallying days. Was always amazed how strong the prices were for a pretty much unknown, forgotten marque.

The entire event was really good. We had a bit of an issue with the Typhoon on the way up to Bamburgh Castle. I was going perhaps a little fast for the car, it goes pretty well but at an indicated 75mph, the wind got under the front of the roof covering and ripped it off.  We slowed down enough to get the rest of the way to Bamburgh Castle and the next day patched the roof up with gaffer tape. After the tour, on the Friday we got back to the Midlands and had afternoon tea with the Lord Mayor of Coventry, whilst the cars were parked outside Coventry Transport Museum. Sunday was the main event in the Memorial Park. Apparently 90 Armstrong Siddeley's were there joined by 13 various other classics.  In the afternoon an Avro Lancaster did a fly past.

For me the highlight of the trip was being allowed to drive one of Chris Warner's Siddeley Specials around the field. It was a great help to get a feel for how they're supposed to drive for when I eventually get mine on the road.

20190706_172357.jpg

20190707_133923.jpg

When Dad had the garage in Chorley in the fifties and sixties an Armstrong Siddeley was a regular car. As a pre teenager I liked the car even then. Perhaps it was the name. I loved the lines I think.