Stolen boat 1/7/19

Featured Posts

54 minutes ago, canalboat said:

I telephoned the telephone number on the original post and asked if I was talking to Simon who placed a report of his boat being stolen on the canal forum. He said it was, so I asked if the boat was still missing and he said he found it this morning. I said that was good to hear and can you go back on the forum to tell people it is found. His reply did not convince me that he would, so I placed the simple version on here so that you could all stop looking.  

Very public-spirited, thank you.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes but - they don't normally have 'land on one side and water on the other' which changes sides on a regular basis.

Good point. Very complicated, that!

:giggles:

(Just kidding really. But you know that, I hope!)

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes but - they don't normally have 'land on one side and water on the other' which changes sides on a regular basis.

Wouldn't be the first time I have almost stepped of the wrong side of the boat. Confuses our dogs too.

5 hours ago, MartynG said:

Some years my (late) father in law  reported his car stolen.

It turned out he had returned to the wrong car park. When directed  to the correct car park he found his car.

Many moons ago I used to either walk to my local station and get a train into London, or drive to Morden and get an underground train into London, depending upon the location of the building in London I was working in.

Inevitably one day I drove to Morden, got the tube, completed my work at one building, then went to another building before getting the overground train back to my local station and walked back home.

It wasn't until I went to go out for the evening, that i realised my car wasn't where i thought it was, but was parked up at Morden underground station! ?

13 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Many moons ago I used to either walk to my local station and get a train into London, or drive to Morden and get an underground train into London, depending upon the location of the building in London I was working in.

Inevitably one day I drove to Morden, got the tube, completed my work at one building, then went to another building before getting the overground train back to my local station and walked back home.

It wasn't until I went to go out for the evening, that i realised my car wasn't where i thought it was, but was parked up at Morden underground station! ?

I wonder how many of us have done something similar, I know I have

Thanks all, have recovered maissey all be it in a bit of a sorry state- think the term joy ride comes to mind. Have secured as best I can tonight nd will begin repairs tomorrow.  Don't suppose anyone got a cover/ awning for a dawncraft for sale as was damaged in the theft?  Thanks again all for being vigilant ?

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 2

1 minute ago, Dawncraft boy said:

Thanks all, have recovered maissey all be it in a bit of a sorry state- think the term joy ride comes to mind. Have secured as best I can tonight nd will begin repairs tomorrow.  Don't suppose anyone got a cover/ awning for a dawncraft for sale as was damaged in the theft?  Thanks again all for being vigilant ?

Hi Simon - I'm so glad you got your boat, it's so sad that she's been damaged but perhaps once you started on fixing her back up it won't be as bad as it first seems. You'll be ready for a good night's sleep after all that frantic excitement. 

Well done to you and good luck finding the grotbags who took her. 

• Greenie 2

2 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Hi Simon - I'm so glad you got your boat, it's so sad that she's been damaged but perhaps once you started on fixing her back up it won't be as bad as it first seems. You'll be ready for a good night's sleep after all that frantic excitement. 

Well done to you and good luck finding the grotbags who took her. 

Sometimes it’s better not to find the grotbags or know who they are.  Unless you are going to beat the sh 1 t out of them when you find them, what are you going to achieve. Even if you do plan to give them a good hiding, the chances are that you would be the one hauled in by the police, and not them. Alternatively, if they have knives or guns, it could end up much worse than a damaged boat.

(nice bit of appeasement there, especially for you know who :) ).

• Greenie 1