Car in the Cov

tree monkey

Featured Posts

This is at the Ashby Junction right?

It's the second time this has happened that we've seen at that spot, and we've only been boaters for 4 years :( 

It might be cheaper in the long-run to erect large bollards where the cars park to stop the local scalawags (I'm being polite) from having their 'fun'.

Edited by Jennifer McM

1 hour ago, Jennifer McM said:

It might be cheaper in the long-run to erect large bollards where the cars park to stop the local scalawags (I'm being polite) from having their 'fun'.

Knowing that location, this looks far more like an accident than something malicious

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Knowing that location, this looks far more like an accident than something malicious

Although there is a history of minor theft from cars and 1 occasion of a car pushed deliberately into the canal, although that was a good few years ago.

At this point we don't know what caused this

I'm struggling to work out how the van got there. The bridge is undamaged, the towpath isn't wide enough to drive on, and he must have been reversing at some considerable speed if he overshot the end of the parking area by the services.

Just now, cuthound said:

I'm struggling to work out how the van got there. The bridge is undamaged, the towpath isn't wide enough to drive on, and he must have been reversing at some considerable speed if he overshot the end of the parking area by the services.

It's a regular overnight parker so likely from the car park not the road and as you point out no damage to the bridge

I don't know how it got in but most cars will float for a short while, the prevailing wind would push in that direction,  combined with momentum from the drive into the canal

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Well unless it's drifted off all on it's own and it's off on it's adventures someone has removed it.

The owner probably called the AA and told them the carburettor was flooded.

They're not called the "4th emergency service" for nothing. ?

Edited by cuthound
Grandma
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1