Kings Orchard v Kings Bromley

Beo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

That does seem to be a realistic compliance with disability legislation that requires service providers to make reasonable adaptations. That they have done it goes  long way to establishing precedent and meeting the reasonableness test.

My thought on post #21 was to wonder whether KB and KO were failing to take reasonable steps to accommodate a disabled customer.

On 30/06/2019 at 22:19, MHS said:

Also K O is close to beautiful Lichfield with  it’s good railway connections. Screwfix, Tippers and Tesco are all close by. A good chandlery at Streethay and cheap diesel at your own marina. What’s not to like?

The A38, noisy.   ?

On 30/06/2019 at 22:17, Nick D said:

We’ve been at King’s Bromley for a year and love it. There aren’t too many rules, facilities are good, the site is well maintained and you can get your car close to the boat. Not been into the marina at King’s Orchard but spoke to a boater who moored there and they said it was very windy as the site is exposed. Best takeaway look at both and then decide.

I wouldn't want to be at Kings Bromley when HS2 comes through.

37 minutes ago, David Mack said:

My thought on post #21 was to wonder whether KB and KO were failing to take reasonable steps to accommodate a disabled customer.

To be fair to KO, they were willing to put in an infill for us. 

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

I wouldn't want to be at Kings Bromley when HS2 comes through.

Streethay & Kings Orchard don't have a too exciting prospect either.

Kings Orchard Marina isn't even on HS2's map!

Streethay.JPG

Proximity to Kings Bromley Marina.

Kings Bromley.JPG

Edited by Ray T

I can't help thinking folk are a bit overly obsessed with proximity to rail and roads. I moor a stone's throw from the Chiltern Mainline just beyond which is the M42.  At worst, the motorway is a low level white noise and, once I stopped running outside to see the Lancaster bomber flypast that turned out to be a freight train, the railway is quite easily ignored even with nighttime freight aplenty. 

I was going to say that I didn't find the proximity of the A38 a problem but then I realised that I take out my hearing aids at night so wouldn't hear anything anyway ? . One little down side of the A38 is that the boat roof tends to get grubby with dust form the road but Nick had no objection to us washing the boat (using the end of pontoon tap) on our moorings. 

haggis

• Haha 1