Vetus macerator filter clean.

wullie

Featured Posts

My macerator toilet has stopped flushing, i think its the filter that requires a clean, i remember someone telling me about it a couple years back, anyone have information on doing this, any tips or info best way to approach it.

From the owner of a dump through for simplicity and reliability I may well be wrong but If  macerator has a filter I would expect it to be a charcoal one on the tank vent so  it should not stop it flushing. Past threads suggest it is more likely a build up of scale or something jambing the rotor. The later would show as no motor noise when trying to flush. We also had a recent thread about switches and another on duck bill valves. Saying it stopped flushing is not really exact enough to make much of a diagnosis. Does the motor run? Do you get a delivery of flush water? Does the switch simply produce no reaction at all?

motor runs,and flush water delivers the system makes the same noise when it was working,it hasn't been flushed for a few months, it was ok prior to then, I've just stripped it out found wipe round the plastic cage around the blade and cotton bud, hopefully cleaning this will cure the problem .