Moorings

r&slambert

Featured Posts

You could always try :

https://pillingslock.com/moorings.php

Plenty of room there as many moorers have left due to 'sharp practices' (there are plenty of threads on here about the marina)

I see now that in addition to the mooring fee, there is now an additional 'daily user fee' of £620. No idea what that's all about.

Well at £226k a year, that's me out.

Lots of smaller marinas and boatyards on the soar without having to stoop to Pillings.

Harris's boatyard just outside Syston has lots of smaller boats, Sileby Marina and Sileby Mill marina(same location, 2 different areas), Kegworth marina only takes smaller boats, Red Hill, Zouch Boat Club, East Midlands Boat Services, Soar Boating Club (Normanton), offside moorings at Mountsorrel, Proctors Marina at Barrow, Meadow Farm Marina at the other end of Barrow, Leicester Marina (formerly Raynesway) at Thurmaston, Thurmaston MGM boats.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You could always try :

https://pillingslock.com/moorings.php

Plenty of room there as many moorers have left due to 'sharp practices' (there are plenty of threads on here about the marina)

I see now that in addition to the mooring fee, there is now an additional 'daily user fee' of £620. No idea what that's all about.

I would imagine that's their way of pricing un-official residential moorings, if you know what I mean

Edited by PD1964