CRT notice format

Hudds Lad

Featured Posts

Right then clever people, either I'm being a bit thick here or something is plain wrong.

Just read a CRT notice for the Shroppie near Chester and was puzzled by the winding hole references (red bits)

Up Stream Winding Hole: SU-019-014 Quarry Bridge

Down Stream Winding Hole: SU-015-020 Cow Lane

I can't honestly say I'd paid them much attention before, and to me they look like OS grid references, but...… using those references they're out in the Celtic Sea off Land's End ?!?

so am I missing something obvious here?

8 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Right then clever people, either I'm being a bit thick here or something is plain wrong.

Just read a CRT notice for the Shroppie near Chester and was puzzled by the winding hole references (red bits)

I can't honestly say I'd paid them much attention before, and to me they look like OS grid references, but...… using those references they're out in the Celtic Sea off Land's End ?!?

CRT have an assets register using that format, so presumably it is taken from that.

In the days when CRT used to issue a physical mooring permit for my EoG mooring it showed a similar reference, detailing my boats home mooring location.

Now I note that the reference appears on my normal cruising licence, so I guess they have combined the two.

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

11 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

I have C&RT's asset list (all 10,602 of them) 

If you want a copy (Excel spreadsheet) send me a PM with your email address.

For example my mooring on the River Trent is alongside their asset number RT-046-004

RT = River Trent

046 = 46 Km from the end of the Trent.

004 = the 4th asset within that KM length.

The next bridge along is RT-046-005 (the 5th listed asset in the 46th kilometre of the River Trent)

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I cant see the Km signs on it

Zoom in and click on the things you are interested in.  A popup box will appear telling you more information.

If you keep being irritated by mowing lengths you can turn them off.

The only time I recall CRT using the phrase is in relation to EoG mooring permit pricing.  In that case the Reference Location is a CRT online mooring fairly near the site in question, usually within tens of miles, and they charge EoG fees at half that rate.

No, I'm confusing myself!

That's a reference site I described above.

The reference location is a point that may or may not have anything interesting on it,  50m apart along the measured kilometre length.

Halfway along the example given in the OP would be SU-019-P0500.

Edited by TheBiscuits
Punctuation

My licence says GU-060-001, GU60 seems to start just outside Calcutt Marina, the first asset seems to be Calcutt bottom lock which is GU-060-003, the old lock next to it is GU-060-004. My actual mooring is above the top lock at GU-060-P0425. The offside moorings are rented by Calcutt so I guess I am still classed as 'moored' at Calcutt Marina! Still haven't a clue where assets 1 and 2 are though. 

Cheers Graham

32 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

My licence says GU-060-001, GU60 seems to start just outside Calcutt Marina, the first asset seems to be Calcutt bottom lock which is GU-060-003, the old lock next to it is GU-060-004. My actual mooring is above the top lock at GU-060-P0425. The offside moorings are rented by Calcutt so I guess I am still classed as 'moored' at Calcutt Marina! Still haven't a clue where assets 1 and 2 are though. 

Cheers Graham

Asset 1& 2 could have been removed during the last 200 years

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Asset 1& 2 could have been removed during the last 200 years

Could be but asset 003 dates from the 1930s  suggesting the numbering system is more recent. I wonder if assets 1 and 2 are the backpumps just below the bottom lock?

Cheers Graham

5 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Can you give an example please?

If you zoom in far enough you get a lot of does which the legend says are Ref Points

5 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

No, I'm confusing myself!

That's a reference site I described above.

The reference location is a point that may or may not have anything interesting on it,  50m apart along the measured kilometre length.

Halfway along the example given in the OP would be SU-019-P0500.

I saw them when looking at Salthouse Dock in detail, cos that's where we are. Doesn't fit with your hypothesis.