Hampstead

Duchess

Featured Posts

Hi, This is a very random question but does anyone know whether Hampstead is still about? It's shown on the boat listings with a newer style 6 digit BW no but last updated 2010. Thanks for reading :-)

She indeed still around and still owned by the Balls at Industry Narrowboats (34 years they have had her). She is actually coming out for a survey on Tuesday as she has a potential new owner lined up

9FCD27F1-0079-45FA-96F0-E67712634B21.jpeg

• Happy 1

From here: https://canalplan.org.uk/boat/100379

Hampstead Built by Harland & Wolff - Length : 21.79 metres ( 71 feet 6 inches ) - Beam : 2.13 metres ( 7 feet ) - Draft : 0.914 metres ( 3 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 22 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 509784 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Sunday 11th April 2010 )

According to the HNBC register it still is.

2 hours ago, Tiggers said:

She indeed still around and still owned by the Balls at Industry Narrowboats (34 years they have had her). She is actually coming out for a survey on Tuesday as she has a potential new owner lined up

9FCD27F1-0079-45FA-96F0-E67712634B21.jpeg

Thank you, I was curious because I know somebody that had her back in the 60/70's (If I have the right boat). carrying coal.

2 hours ago, Ray T said:

From here: https://canalplan.org.uk/boat/100379

Hampstead Built by Harland & Wolff - Length : 21.79 metres ( 71 feet 6 inches ) - Beam : 2.13 metres ( 7 feet ) - Draft : 0.914 metres ( 3 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 22 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 509784 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Sunday 11th April 2010 )

According to the HNBC register it still is.

That is what I found. I was interested that she had a 6 digit BW no

13 hours ago, Tiggers said:

Was it the Lycetts that you knew? I know they had her for a while. I believe Keith Ball bought her in 1985 when she was on dry land somewhere near audlem

Hi No it wasn’t, It was earlier, a single lady. I will find out more if I can and if anyone is interested please PM me.

my signal poor at the mo so cant watch posts