Safe Mooring spots on the Birmingham & Fazeley

Nick D

Featured Posts

We are shortly to be heading south through Birmingham and I’m looking at the section between Minworth and Gas Street Basin.  As this has 26 locks, it’s a bit more than we would normally cruise in one day but I’m not sure if there are suitable moorings in between.  Canal Plan suggests we stop at the top of Aston locks but from memory many years ago, I don’t think this is wise. Any thoughts on moorings or should we just try to push through in one day?

I sometimes stop at Star City and then just reverse to the junction the next morning. I have also stopped between the top of Aston turn left and moored after the second bridge. I can't remember stopping between Aston Junction and Farmers bridge.

Thanks Rob, have looked at that thread and it answers my question too. Should have searched first but from previous experience it doesn’t always throw up what are looking for!