Braunston Historic Boat Rally

Featured Posts

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:02, Nightwatch said:

Yes, Chertsey andAldgate are there. Been there on the 48 hour moorings for nearly a week. Hasty is likewise. Hampton and Cyprus went through Norton Junction early afternoon.

We haven't escaped the Rochdale but we have escaped Braunston. Love the show but wouldn't want to be aboard a boat during the show restriction times.

So this is OK if you have a historic boat?:P

Edited by Old Son

3 hours ago, Old Son said:

Of course not, unless the restrictions have been relaxed specifically to cover this.  I understand in this case there is a relaxation but not covering the whole period the boats have been there.

Historic boats have no more rights than anyone else.  I own a historic boat.  A couple of months ago I received an e mail telling me I had been in one spot for 15 days.  Whilst CRT thought they were correct, they failed to notice that the boat was facing the other way and had actually been elsewhere between sightings.  My point being that for ONE day over staying I received an e mail.  Where is the privilege in that?

George

11 hours ago, Peter X said:

Are Braunston marina sure they've used enough different fonts?

You are not the first to comment about this on Braunston Marina publicity.

I think Tim considers it a tradition and matter of personal honour to ram in as many fonts as possible on all marina posters!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Peter X said:

Are Braunston marina sure they've used enough different fonts?

Using numerous founts was not uncommon on fly posters of old. I think it gives it a more C19 feel rather than C21 which is fitting for the FMC theme.

There are about three or four founts on an FMC cabin side!

On 26/06/2019 at 06:09, Old Son said:
On 22/06/2019 at 16:02, Nightwatch said:

Yes, Chertsey andAldgate are there. Been there on the 48 hour moorings for nearly a week. Hasty is likewise. Hampton and Cyprus went through Norton Junction early afternoon.

We haven't escaped the Rochdale but we have escaped Braunston. Love the show but wouldn't want to be aboard a boat during the show restriction times.

And if you have a modern boat apparently:P Unless you have a fairly elastic definition of how much old boat you need to include in a new build to make it historic.

Edited by davidg

56 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Ouch!

I let is go at the time you first made the comment but all David is saying is that Hasty is a modern boat, (a lot newer than yours for example), so it's unfair to group anything it may (or may not be!) accused off with complaints about "historics".

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I let is go at the time you first made the comment but all David is saying is that Hasty is a modern boat, (a lot newer than yours for example), so it's unfair to group anything it may (or may not be!) accused off with complaints about "historics".

Alan. Are you having a go at me? If you are why? If you're not then so be it. 

21 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Alan. Are you having a go at me? If you are why? If you're not then so be it. 

Not having a go, at all.

Simply pointing out that hasty is a modern boat - not an "historic".

On 26/06/2019 at 06:09, Old Son said:

In many circumstances it’s no issue at all for any type of boat. There’s a (non-historic) boat currently at Droitwich that’s been on the 48 hour moorings for over a week now. At times it’s been one of only two boats and there is room for at least 15 boats. This morning it was one of six boats on the 48 hour moorings. This is not particularly unusual and I suspect the boat will be on the move soon. I can’t see a problem here other than for the metaphorical curtain twitchers.

I once advised someone on the forum that it made a good place to leave their boat for a couple of weeks, accidentally overlooking that it’s signed as a 48 hour mooring.

It becomes a problem when people either stay longer than 48 hours and deny others the opportunity to moor or stay for longer than 14 days and start to take advantage of the same facility for which others have legitimately paid. This also happens, albeit far less frequently, but I don’t feel inclined to moan about it on a public forum. It’s CRT’s job to administrate such issues.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Greenie 1