Cassette

LadyG

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Well that was unpleasant 

Absolutely it was.  We've now got both "father " & "son "  making personal attacks on the same member, makes me ashamed to be the same gender.

• Greenie 1

32 minutes ago, hider said:

LadyG is like a dirty Elsan point, best ignored. If you encourage her she will go on and on and on and on and..............................................................

Others on here have her permanently on ignore this member list, its the best way.

It really is not that bad emptying a cassette/potty/pump out in a C&RT Elsan point. thousands manage it easily every week without all the daft gear or being a drama queen.

It doesn't really matter whether you're being "hider" or "boater sam" you just can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes: Just plain mean. 

• Greenie 2

6 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

Absolutely it was.  We've now got both "father " & "son "  making personal attacks on the same member, makes me ashamed to be the same gender.

Thanks guys,

I'm not too bothered, they are MCPs.

I used to say of my husband "Yes, he has "inferiority complex", inevitably. He  is inferior. :?

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Thanks guys,

I'm not too bothered, they are MCPs.

I used to say of my husband "Yes, he has "inferiority complex", inevitably. He  is inferior. :?

Are you sure ?

A Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is an individual who completes a professional certification program by Microsoft. Microsoft certifications train individuals on implementing Microsoft products into practical business environments.

Maybe it was a spelling error and you meant TCP (trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl) ?

(The stuff that leaves a nasty taste in your mouth when you gargle with it)

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Had a fairly uneventful visit to the Elsan ................ correct amount of blue this time, usual Marigolds [one trip], safety goggles and mask plus lots of kitchen roll impregnated with lavender oil. I had I switched immersion heater on so I could have a nice shower! Sorted..

Should have bought a boat with a proper pump out toilet, not one of those portable cesspits! ?

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, hider said:

LadyG is like a dirty Elsan point, best ignored. If you encourage her she will go on and on and on and on and..............................................................

Others on here have her permanently on ignore this member list, its the best way.

It really is not that bad emptying a cassette/potty/pump out in a C&RT Elsan point. thousands manage it easily every week without all the daft gear or being a drama queen.

From someone who use to inspect septic tanks and soakaways 

8 hours ago, hider said:

Why bother?

Far easier ways to do this.

We get a little man to do it for us every month.

29 minutes ago, NewCanalBoy said:

Is there any particular type of cleaner you should or shouldn't use in onboard toilets ? Theres not some that rot pipes away slowly or anything ?

Cassette, pump out, composting or incinerating?

42 minutes ago, NewCanalBoy said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's not start all this sh*t again (see what I did there ?)

Any useful answers ?

I haven't heard of anything which rots pipes but if you are suing any of the "green" (not necessarily in colour) additives you have to be careful with things like bleach which will kill any bacteria/enzymes which the additive uses.

5 hours ago, NewCanalBoy said:

Pump out 

Mzcerator or dump through?

If macerator, I was advised not to use anything. 5 years on and still no smell.

If dump through various people have various preferences. When I had a dump through I found Silky RX worked reasonably well at keeping the smell under control for a couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, cuthound said:

Mzcerator or dump through?

If macerator, I was advised not to use anything. 5 years on and still no smell.

If dump through various people have various preferences. When I had a dump through I found Silky RX worked reasonably well at keeping the smell under control for a couple of weeks.

There is a storage tank ,  one day I might look in to it , not brave enough, no idea what kind it is. My first action will be to clean it out, given the track record of the cassette, which ended up in the skip, and a new Excellence by Thetford. What stuff should l add to the tank in the interim?

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

There is a storage tank ,  one day I might look in to it , not brave enough, no idea what kind it is. My first action will be to clean it out, given the track record of the cassette, which ended up in the skip, and a new Excellence by Thetford. What stuff should l add to the tank in the interim?

Silky RX because it is supposed to be able to break down solids.

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

What stuff should l add to the tank in the interim?

If it is empty add water.

People suggest a dishwasher tablet or sanitising laundry liquid.

• Greenie 1

At last a solution to the boat toilet question, don't bother with cassette, pump out or composting toilets just import some of this from Australia image.jpeg.7a9c5907ae9539d5c70f274d50db9ff4.jpegdoes exactly what it says on the bottle. This does, however, come with its own set of problems, increased laudery bill etc.

13 hours ago, Bewildered said:

At last a solution to the boat toilet question, don't bother with cassette, pump out or composting toilets just import some of this from Australia image.jpeg.7a9c5907ae9539d5c70f274d50db9ff4.jpegdoes exactly what it says on the bottle. This does, however, come with its own set of problems, increased laudery bill etc.

Looks like you had an accident on your couch. Was that white leather once? 

11 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Looks like you had an accident on your couch. Was that white leather once? 

Ah Australian culture and culinary combined in a bottle

Sorry attached the quote to the wrong post.

Edited by DandV
Missed targeted quote

• 3 weeks later...

Way to funny. Well, I am a newbe here, just started thinking about narrow boats, selling our home in the US, and trying it out. Spent the last two hours reading this thread about toilets......maybe there is a place for us on the canals........who in their right mind would spend two hours reading about toilets.........yep, maybe I have found "my people" 

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Horror 1