Help with Samsung Tab A (6)

Slim

Featured Posts

Didn't know where to post this so please move as appropriate.

My Samsung tablet only has 16 gb memory. It has the facility to accept an SD card and I installed a 32gb card long ago. My problem is that the tablet memory is almost full and I don't know how to save to the SD card. The only things I hve managed to save on the card are about 6 photos and I don't have aclue how I did that.

What I want to do mostly is save I Player audio and video. I appreciate that they will have a limited life as dictated by the BBC.

I can save to the tablets internal memory but not the external. 

Can anyone help (in Janet & John ) terms. 

It may be that what I want to do is not possible

Many thanks

Frank

A Luddite.

I had the same issue and found that you can move some apps to the sd card via settings/apps.  You have to open each app using the settings gear wheel on the main screen and then select storage to see if it is possible. Click on change if that button is available and select sd card to move the app.  Some can’t be moved.

Files can be moved by opening files and selecting docs/images etc. Press and hold (don’t open) a file from the list then touch the vertical ... which will give an option to move the file to the sd card.

Ive used the ES File Explorer app to move things around too.

H

Edited by Hotspur

13 hours ago, Hotspur said:

I had the same issue and found that you can move some apps to the sd card via settings/apps.  You have to open each app using the settings gear wheel on the main screen and then select storage to see if it is possible. Click on change if that button is available and select sd card to move the app.  Some can’t be moved.

Files can be moved by opening files and selecting docs/images etc. Press and hold (don’t open) a file from the list then touch the vertical ... which will give an option to move the file to the sd card.

Ive used the ES File Explorer app to move things around too.

H

Further to  Hotspur's excellent instructions, every time an app updates, it reverts to being stored on the tablets memory and needs changing. Irritating to say the least.

The other issue with Samsung Android devices, is that the pre-loaded Samsung "bloatware" apps can only be disabled, not uninstalled, thus they still take up loads of internal memory even though you don't use them.

Eventually because each app update takes up even more space, you have to either get the device "rooted" to remove unwanted apps and free up unternal memory, or buy a new device.

I use the Astro file manager. Simple, intuitive and free.