LPG piping to oven advice

Tessy

Featured Posts

No. Any gas person must show their ID on demand. How else is any customer supposed to know if they are actually GSR as opposed to a cowboy (although I should be careful with my wording as the two are not mutually exclusive!).

9 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

No. Any gas person must show their ID on demand. How else is any customer supposed to know if they are actually GSR as opposed to a cowboy (although I should be careful with my wording as the two are not mutually exclusive!).

Does the Jobsworth endorsement cost much as an addition?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

There are two separate issues being conflated here.

1) Identifying the GSR geezer

2) Incompetence/unprofessionalism

Sadly the general public and possibly the OP expect GSR registration to imply some sort of overall professionalism, and this impression is reinforced by GSR marketing. Sadly nothing of the sort is the case. The best a member of the public is entitled to expect from a GSR bod is that s/he will not kill them by gassing them or exploding them. 

GSR registration implies NO guarantee of overall competence in plumbing, heating, boiler fault diagnosis or ethical business practice. The ONLY thing you can be sure of with a GSR bod is they have been coached through a training skool and passed a series of 'open book' (i.e. access to all the docs that allow you to look up the answers in the exam room) time limited multi-choice paper examinations after THREE attempts. 

The general stupidity of many of my peers is breathtaking and how they ever ticked all the right boxes in those exams beggars belief. It is so disappointing.

• Greenie 3

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The general stupidity of many of my peers is breathtaking and how they ever ticked all the right boxes in those exams beggars belief. It is so disappointing.

You know that Groucho quote about being a member of a club ...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That itself is grounds for a formal complaint. We all carry a photo ID card we are required to produce on demand. 

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately by the time I recovered my wits and realised I was dealing with a f@@wit he was in his van and heading back to the reservation. Shame they don’t have ID cards  marked up with jobsworth.... 

Scottish power refused to give me his name and gas safe details despite my raising two formal complaints.  Might raise it with gas safe see if they can get the details from SP.

53 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Might raise it with gas safe see if they can get the details from SP.

I suggest you raise it with GSR specifically as a case of a Scottish Power employee masquerading as Gas Safe member, you know this he could not produce his ID card when requested, choosing instead to leave site.

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I suggest you raise it with GSR specifically as a case of a Scottish Power employee masquerading as Gas Safe member, you know this he could not produce his ID card when requested, choosing instead to leave site.

Maybe he was wearing it under his kilt and didn't want to show his..............................