Single handing

Philip

Featured Posts

I've single handed a few times between Ripon and York. The section from Boroughbridge to York is long and extremely tedious, save perhaps for the excitement of an argument with the marina owner at Linton, and a pint of Black Sheep in the Dawnay Arms at Newton.  But 6 hours of high river banks and nothing to see and no-one to talk to, with only the occasional passer-by is quite boring.

Edited by Fatjoff

2 minutes ago, Fatjoff said:

6 hours of high river banks and nothing to see and no-one to talk to, with only the occasional passer-by is quite boring.

I can see your error there - should've stayed in the Dawnay Arms! ;) (I'm quite partial to a drop of Black Sheep myself) ? 

19 hours ago, dor said:

Good second hand bookshop in Nantwich,  an Oxfam shop dedicated to books.  Also a very good independent bookshop in the square, which does good coffee and food as well.

I know! There used to be a cracker in Market Drayton too, and a superb one in Polesworth. Both gone. So has the one on the walls at Chester. There's still one in Milton on the Caldon. Llangollen I think is hanging on. The Oxfam bookshops are the best of what's left.