Victron 30A MPPT fuse size

MHS

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Which end - next to the output fuse or next to the battery terminal?

Which end to fit the fuse? Next to the batteries. You already have one at the other end as you pointed out yourself :)

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Which end to fit the fuse? Next to the batteries. You already have one at the other end as you pointed out yourself :)

Tis true. Not the usual obvious case of a fuse at the supply end though eh, since there's a supply source at both ends here.

Our fuse is immediately adjacent to the positive terminal.

I did consider a breaker after searching on EBay. I suppose I could put a second one between the mppt and the panels. There currently isn’t a breaker or a fuse on that cable run. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Tis true. Not the usual obvious case of a fuse at the supply end though eh, since there's a supply source at both ends here.

Yup. The same thing happens with a VSR or BT charging cables - fuses at both ends. 

I fitted a 35A fuse last Thursday for the short term.

I now have the 10mm sq cables with a 40A fuse, all crimped and ready to fit next week. Thanks to Midsummer Energy for making them up in a 2.5m length and dispatching them really quickly. 

• Happy 1

51 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have read several bad reports on them

Just to be clear, Ditchcrawler’s link is to the circuit breakers mentioned earlier available online, NOT Midsummer Energy.