Hancook 130 ah batteries

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Lingy said:

If i continue boating i will use the new style Dave from cruising the cut just installed.This time is simply down to immediate usage,and if i get two years i will be more than happy at the prices.

What new style is that then?

LA battery design is pretty much static these days, I thought. 

49 minutes ago, Lingy said:

Yeah i use my stuff all the time as i restore classic cars and modern stuff,they are probably perfect for you guys.

But not me.

Now can we get back to batteries as i need some this week ??

Cheers

If you are using tools every day as part of your job you should really know better and buy proper tools that are up to the job.

I dont ask Liam how much he had spent on tools any more as I never like the answer.

His Snap On box is bigger than him and it is getting full now!

Screenshot-20190619-104137-Facebook.jpg

Edited by Naughty Cal

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

If you are using tools every day as part of your job you should really know better and buy proper tools that are up to the job.

I dont ask Liam how much he had spent on tools any more as I never like the answer.

His Snap On box is bigger than him and it is getting full now!

Screenshot-20190619-104137-Facebook.jpg

I have a bigger collection of tools.

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What new style is that then?

LA battery design is pretty much static these days, I thought. 

They are new to me.

Spend some time searching his youtube @ cruising the cut.

Edited by Athy
To remove unsavoury comment.

On 17/06/2019 at 21:25, bigcol said:

I imagine that my 12v lead of didn’t help, but certainly the sellers were no help, and 4 battery’s going down causing problems with their voltages

also the lack of help from the seller, I gave up on them.

would I buy closed cell battery’s again. NO would I buy the Hankooks again again NO

COL

Hi Col 

On these Hankook batteries some are purely deep cycle and some are mixed use,

https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/caravane/leisure-battery-deals/dc31x4.html

I wonder if you could have used the deep cycle as a starter battery by mistake?Probably not,i am just wondering why i have only read two poor reviews on the Hankooks.

I like the reviews on these batteries.Not the ones in the link,as they are only 100ah.But this link shows these ones are deep cycle and only for leisure and not cranking.

I am getting three deep cycle as my starter battery is mixed use and newish.

26 minutes ago, Lingy said:

Sorry if this is not allowed.

Oh lead carbon batteries! 

Yes they've been discussed on here, and at one point I was gonna buy some as there are some pretty impressive claims for them made by Leoch.

The I remembered they cost £300 each, twice the price of Trojans....

• Greenie 1

43 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes they've been discussed on here, and at one point I was gonna buy some as there are some pretty impressive claims for them made by Leoch.

The I remembered they cost £300 each, twice the price of Trojans....

Deals can be done on them,but yes very expensive ?

26 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

You seem to have one with your penis.

?.Sorry i like girls.

Do you have shares in halfrauds? Do you want to get a life but feel stuck in the cabin after retiring?

Or do you just want to be your username?

Either way ignore function just got another PAL.

?

Edited by Athy
To remove lewd comment.

24 minutes ago, Lingy said:

?.Sorry i like girls.

Do you have shares in halfrauds? Do you want to get a life but feel stuck in the cabin after retiring?

Or do you just want to be your username?

Either way ignore function just got another PAL.

?

Best news all day.

Edited by Athy
To remove lewd comment.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yeah, if they’re so much better than a proper deep-cycle battery such as T105 or Rolls or similar how come no-one has come up with the figures to prove it? It’s not like it’s a new technology so you’d think that after way more than 10 years they’d have replaced lead calcium batteries a while back if they’re as good as some folk suggest. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Yeah, if they’re so much better than a proper deep-cycle battery such as T105 or Rolls or similar how come no-one has come up with the figures to prove it? It’s not like it’s a new technology so you’d think that after way more than 10 years they’d have replaced lead calcium batteries a while back if they’re as good as some folk suggest. 

The thing they claim that is so useful is recharging from 40% to 90% in 1.5 hours, along with no need to get to 100% ever, IIRC, along with no sulphation (Again IIRC).  So a sort of poor man's lithium. 

But at £306 each we are actually about the same price as second hand lithiums anyway. 

Thing is, somebody must be buying them or battery megastore would not still stock them. But WHO?!!

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thing is, somebody must be buying them or battery megastore would not still stock them...

Unless they're still the same ones sat on the shelf since Noah cancelled his order for the Arc?

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Now you have plenty of battery answers, I'd just like to point out that you're not being entirely fair. For example, their "Advanced" tool range, which comes with a lifetime guarantee, does tend to be rather good and can often be bought at very competitive prices. :)

I once claimed against their lifetime guarantee.(split 13mm socket, it may have been 1/2 inch). The entire store lookeed at me as if I'd grown horns.Took about an hour of argueing before I got a replacement. It had become a matter of principle.

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think one needs a compass to describe an ark....

Someone here seems to have a moral compass - one has been retrospectively applied to some of the earlier posts in this thread!

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Someone here seems to have a moral compass - one has been retrospectively applied to some of the earlier posts in this thread!

Bizarre isn't it, that off topic posts adding nothing to the discussion have lewd bits edited out leaving nonsense behind, instead of the posts just being deleted for 'lewdness'. 

If I were a mod, there would be none of this pussy-footing about editing out the word 'penis' ..... 

:icecream:

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Bizarre isn't it, that off topic posts adding nothing to the discussion have lewd bits edited out leaving nonsense behind, instead of the posts just being deleted for 'lewdness'. 

No, it's not. If every post which included some nonsense were deleted, the forum would be considerably slimmer. The bits edited out were offensive - I assume you did not see them because, er, they were edited out.

The person in question has since been edited out, following a barrage of revolting Anglo-Saxonisms the like of which has rarely been seen.

Edited by Athy