Hancook 130 ah batteries

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

And how does that one compare with this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112427659033

Same Ah rating as the Hancook but significantly lower height, so presumably less lead.

Only weigh 23 kgs each, Only ordered three, all arrived undercharged, Returned to seller.     

Hankooks make good products, especially tyres, I looked at these batteries, but discounted them as they are sealed units and cannot be topped up wth distilled water. I will be interested to hear how you get on with them.

All 4 of mine I had a problem with.

they were wired up as 24v.

but one the the battery’s must of gone open circuit as it gassed the engine room causing all copper to turn silver.

this may have been cause by one of the battery’s being used to give 12v.

but it happened, and being closed units couldn’t investigate further.

the forum helped me out, the battery’s were under 12months old.

will only get open cell battery’s from now on.

hankook tyres are great, I went for the brand because known to be good quality.

col

1 hour ago, bigcol said:

but one the the battery’s must of gone open circuit as it gassed the engine room causing all copper to turn silver.

col

If you have two batteries in series for 24V and you take a tap of the middle to give 12V it will end in tears.  I hope you are not still doing it with your new batteries.

1 hour ago, Lingy said:

Not buying them then ?

cheers

We have a pair of Bison BXC31 MF's  that have been fitted for a couple of years now. They are showing no signs of loss of capacity yet.

They are sealed batteries but we prefer that as our batteries are difficult to access so we would never top them up if they were non sealed anyway.

We would certainly recommend the Bison batteries. 

Edited by Naughty Cal
  • Happy 1

30 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have a pair of Bison BXC31 MF's  that have been fitted for a couple of years now. They are showing no signs of loss of capacity yet.

They are sealed batteries but we prefer that as our batteries are difficult to access so we would never top them up if they were non sealed anyway.

We would certainly recommend the Bison batteries. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

If you have two batteries in series for 24V and you take a tap of the middle to give 12V it will end in tears.  I hope you are not still doing it with your new batteries.

Defiantly not, lol

went down the step down converter, it’s been great ever since.

bought 2 x new Varta batteries, open cell.

no problems since

col

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, bigcol said:

col

So was it a fulty battery or was it the 'unconventional' wiring that caused the battery to fail?  A bit unfair on the battery maker if the latter was the case.

At 28+ Kg I would expect them to have more capacity than the more usual 23kg;  I understand the AHr figure can be fudged by the way it is measured which might be why the ebay batteries can claim to be 130AHr when their size and weight is normal for 110AHr.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, dor said:

So was it a fulty battery or was it the 'unconventional' wiring that caused the battery to fail?  A bit unfair on the battery maker if the latter was the case.

At 28+ Kg I would expect them to have more capacity than the more usual 23kg;  I understand the AHr figure can be fudged by the way it is measured which might be why the ebay batteries can claim to be 130AHr when their size and weight is normal for 110AHr.

I imagine that my 12v lead of didn’t help, but certainly the sellers were no help, and 4 battery’s going down causing problems with their voltages

also the lack of help from the seller, I gave up on them.

would I buy closed cell battery’s again. NO would I buy the Hankooks again again NO

COL

On 17/06/2019 at 13:37, David Mack said:

And how does that one compare with this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112427659033

Same Ah rating as the Hancook but significantly lower height, so presumably less lead.

I bought four of the 130Ah ones back in October. They have noticeably lost capacity quite quickly. Not recommended.

• Greenie 1

On 17/06/2019 at 13:24, Lingy said:

not keen on Halfrauds stuff to be fair.

Now you have plenty of battery answers, I'd just like to point out that you're not being entirely fair. For example, their "Advanced" tool range, which comes with a lifetime guarantee, does tend to be rather good and can often be bought at very competitive prices. :)

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Now you have plenty of battery answers, I'd just like to point out that you're not being entirely fair. For example, their "Advanced" tool range, which comes with a lifetime guarantee, does tend to be rather good and can often be bought at very competitive prices. :)

I have the big socket set that has the for life guarantee, it is a pain when they keep breaking,they do replace them,but they are not the best.

They gamble on most people just binning the broken ones.The ones that break are the ratchet rings,the possy driver sockets and the smaller rachets ?

And the pathetic carry case hinges...

4 minutes ago, Lingy said:

I have the big socket set that has the for life guarantee, it is a pain when they keep breaking,they do replace them,but they are not the best.

They gamble on most people just binning the broken ones.The ones that break are the ratchet rings,the possy driver sockets and the smaller rachets ?

And the pathetic carry case hinges...

I guess it depends on how much and how hard you use them. I have the same set, a few years old now, and to date nothing has broken. 

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I guess it depends on how much and how hard you use them. I have the same set, a few years old now, and to date nothing has broken. 

Yeah i use my stuff all the time as i restore classic cars and modern stuff,they are probably perfect for you guys.

But not me.

Now can we get back to batteries as i need some this week ??

1 hour ago, pig said:

I bought four of the 130Ah ones back in October. They have noticeably lost capacity quite quickly. Not recommended.

Cheers

Edited by Lingy

16 minutes ago, Lingy said:

Now can we get back to batteries as i need some this week ??

I bought two Hancooks last winter and they are holding up very well. I've left them part discharged for several days while the solar re-fills them, several times over and they still seem to charge up again properly, unlike the el-cheapo pair I bought from Wharf House Narrowboats previously, which keeled over and expired faster than a fast thing.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I bought two Hancooks last winter and they are holding up very well. I've left them part discharged for several days while the solar re-fills them, several times over and they still seem to charge up again properly, unlike the el-cheapo pair I bought from Wharf House Narrowboats previously, which keeled over and expired faster than a fast thing.

Yeah some of the items sold in "Some" boat places are too extract much profit and nothing else ?

It is between the 115 ah powerplus

and the 135 ah hancooks.I noted the hancooks had good reviews elsewhere ?

If i continue boating i will use the new style Dave from cruising the cut just installed.This time is simply down to immediate usage,and if i get two years i will be more than happy at the prices.