All 3 Pennine Crossing Closed again

Midnight

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Short rant warning!
Two closures one each end of the Rochdale, breach on the Huddersfield god knows what on the L&L -You couldn't make it up!

It will affect only those misguided people who obstinately believe that there's something West of the Pennines which is worth seeing.:P

Just now, Athy said:

It will affect only those misguided people who obstinately believe that there's something West of the Pennines which is worth seeing.:P

but it also affects those in the west trying to escape to superior locations

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Or those with boats longer than 60 ft whose only way out of Yorkshire is to travel west.

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

but it also affects those in the west trying to escape to superior locations

That did occur to me also, yes. But see post no.5.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Closing the canals was necessary to create a hard border between Lancashire and Yorkshire for Brexit.

We settled that one centuries ago.  There is a very good reason the Tudor Rose has more red petals than white petals ...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Isnt the winter stoppage on the l&l due to be lifted this week or next ?  thank god we left Burnley back in November or we’d still be there now ....

Aye, but you are in Parbold ... it may not be that much of an improvement! 

P.S. Tomorrow is the current date for Burnley,  but the last three times they changed it they told us a fortnight before, and people in the area have been saying they have been removing heavy plant offsite for a few days ...

26 minutes ago, matty40s said:

According to the CRT site, the guillotine gate is still broken, they have ordered parts.......

I have heard the french are pretty good at making these

Edited by Kiwidad
Spelling

9 hours ago, Midnight said:

closed 24e is closed.  there's still a stoppage.  we're stuck there!

Please pardon my poor knowledge of the northern canals, not a part of the system I usually keep tabs on, but I'm contemplating attempting the HNC next week with Lingy. So is my understanding right here please?

(1) CRT are saying that this guillotine at lock 24 is fixed:

18/06/2019 19:39

Repairs have now been completed. The lock is available for normal operations

(2) There was also a tree down between locks 25 and 26 but that's fixed too:

18/06/2019 15:45

The fallen tree has now been removed and the navigation is open.

So the HNC has actually just reopened for navigation? For the next few minutes at least? Can our man on the spot larrysanders confirm this please, it's a Very Long Way from Croydon.

And Burnley's on the Leeds and Liverpool, so that was closed but is now open too?

But matty40s said the Rochdale's shut for a couple of weeks. I suppose two out of three ain't bad.