New name, new look

magictime

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

This is strange. On reading this thread a minute ago I too thought it was Maggie Philbin,  who indeed was fit!!  She is the same age as myself. However on googling it appears she was not in Magpie?!! Jenny Hanley however was in Magpie :)

How weird!

On checking, yes she was a Tomorrow's World presenter, not Magpie. 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How weird!

Yeah agreed :unsure: Its weird cos as soon as I read " Magpie " Maggie came to mind, also WotEver thought the same!!

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How weird!

She was working for local radio when we were working at one of the IWA Beale Park shows and did a piece on liveaboard boaters. Sheila and I were interviewed by her on board SA, so I can say I’ve had Maggie Philbin on my boat, which would have been quite a fantasy for me in the days of my youth ?.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Yeah agreed :unsure: Its weird cos as soon as I read " Magpie " Maggie came to mind, also WotEver thought the same!!

Ain’t that odd. I’d have laid money on it being Ms Philbin presenting Magpie. Oh, and Mike, the reason you thought she was hotter than Val S was ‘cos she was ;)

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Moonraker said:

I think you'll find it was Multi-Coloured Swap Shop you are all thinking of, hosted by Noel Edmonds with Keith Chegwin, John Craven and, from 1978, the object of your adolescent (or later) attentions Maggie Philbin

Ahhhh, so you fancied her also did you!!

• Greenie 1

23 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

RESULT!

It was Susan Stranks who provoked those early...umm....  feelings!

Gurls and technology.... lethal combination!

I don’t recall Brian May being in the show...

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2019 at 21:22, magictime said:

Just returned to the boat today after its week in Stafford Boat Club wet dock, where Robert Naghi has been painting it. 'Ferndale' is now 'Forever Changes'. Very pleased with the results, although it certainly won't be to everyone's taste!

20190616_164358.jpg.847497fc6a5872706facae3a23f3c382.jpg20190616_163545.jpg.7cb91d378bfe100ef7ae88252de84b66.jpg20190616_164100.jpg.22cbd78dcc723e4569af7e3444ae4787.jpg

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Robert as a painter. We tried to be realistic about what we could reasonably expect him to do in a week, but when he came to start work he was volunteering all sorts of little and not-so-little touches like bits of paisley, a design on the roof hatch, painting the poles & gangplank, to make sure we really got the look we wanted - all within the basic price he'd quoted to paint our 55ft boat, which was a little under £3000.

Just seen you cruise past us at Dutton on the T&M. Love the new look, very flower power. 

1 hour ago, MHS said:

Just seen you cruise past us at Dutton on the T&M. Love the new look, very flower power. 

Thanks! Yes, we saw Vision Accomplished as we cruised past, desperately looking for a mooring space before nightfall! Found some rings maybe a mile further on, thankfully.

1 hour ago, Chewbacka said:

A child of the sixties???

Nah, the seventies. But the best sixties have the best music.

Just returned to the boat today after its week in Stafford Boat Club wet dock, where Robert Naghi has been painting it. 'Ferndale' is now 'Forever Changes'. Very pleased with the results, although it certainly won't be to everyone's taste!

20190616_164358.jpg.847497fc6a5872706facae3a23f3c382.jpg20190616_163545.jpg.7cb91d378bfe100ef7ae88252de84b66.jpg20190616_164100.jpg.22cbd78dcc723e4569af7e3444ae4787.jpg

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Robert as a painter. We tried to be realistic about what we could reasonably expect him to do in a week, but when he came to start work he was volunteering all sorts of little and not-so-little touches like bits of paisley, a design on the roof hatch, painting the poles & gangplank, to make sure we really got the look we wanted - all within the basic price he'd quoted to paint our 55ft boat, which was a little under £3000.

Passed you today on the Bridgewater. Looks very impressive.

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

Passed you today on the Bridgewater. Looks very impressive.

Thanks! I remember noticing a 'Belfast' passing us, but I'm damned if I can now picture you or the boat.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I'm loving this, right up my street and so nice to see a different and heartfrlt design, Arthur Lee would have approved, thanks for the link