Venetian Marina Chandlery Top Guy

Featured Posts

As per the title. Arrived at Venetetian Marina on the Middlewich Branch today during the tropical storm and the guy remained cheerful throughout. Also very helpful with other services. I note that their diesel is already treated with Marine 16.

Never been in the cafe before so went in to have a brew. Very nice food and with loads of pics of American hotrods and stuff on the wall. Impressed.

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, catweasel said:

As per the title. Arrived at Venetetian Marina on the Trent and Mersey today during the tropical storm and the guy remained cheerful throughout. Also very helpful with other services. I note that their diesel is already treated with Marine 16.

Never been in the cafe before so went in to have a brew. Very nice food and with loads of pics of American hotrods and stuff on the wall. Impressed.

And - you can fill up your water tank free of charge (as long as you buy something in the shop / chandlery / fuel)

54 minutes ago, catweasel said:

As per the title. Arrived at Venetetian Marina on the Trent and Mersey today during the tropical storm and the guy remained cheerful throughout. Also very helpful with other services. I note that their diesel is already treated with Marine 16.

Has Venetian moved?  As far as I'm aware it is on the Middlewich branch of the Shroppy.

Edited by Flyboy
  • Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Has Venetian moved?  As far as I'm aware it is on the Middlewich branch of the Shroppy.

I was having a senior moment. You are of course correct!! 

Too late to edit my post perhaps a mod could do it?  Cheers.

26 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And - you can fill up your water tank free of charge (as long as you buy something in the shop / chandlery / fuel)

Also true, I forgot that bit too! The soaking that I received must have fogged my brain more than

usual.

42 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Then have a "discussion" with the boats queueing for the lock about who's next!

15 minutes ago, catweasel said:

I was having a senior moment. You are of course correct!! 

Too late to edit my post perhaps a mod could do it?  Cheers.

Also true, I forgot that bit too! The soaking that I received must have fogged my brain more than

usual.

Hi Stan.  Are you around at the end of the coming week?

13 minutes ago, dor said:

Then have a "discussion" with the boats queueing for the lock about who's next!

Hi Stan.  Are you around at the end of the coming week?

Hi Dave we are going towards Chester (probably Christleton) but rather slowly, then going back to Leigh by July 9th. We are coming back to Shroppie in a few weeks after hospital appointments and will be going in your direction then.  Unless you too are heading up towards Chester, hope to see you in a few weeks :)

9 minutes ago, suesandoe said:

Water is free at Venetian Chandlery. No need to buy anything.

And electricity. If you moor there you get free hook up and there’s no top ups required or metering.