Marsworth could lose boater parking

Marsworthliving

Featured Posts

For anyone who parks near the canal in Marsworth on Church Lane, a planning application for six houses next to the Aylesbury Arm is going to remove all parking to replace it with a footpath. You can submit objections to the application at the link below. It was turned down a few months ago based on lack of access. The bridge still means reduced access (they can't widen that!) but they can take out the parking...

https://publicaccess.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PS0F2OCLHB000&fbclid=IwAR0LJCqOz830FzlZ7b61eqpRyolgX88jJ-iiH2UH6d9tCZjWnO0BqB4IO8E

31 minutes ago, Marsworthliving said:

For anyone who parks near the canal in Marsworth on Church Lane, a planning application for six houses next to the Aylesbury Arm is going to remove all parking to replace it with a footpath. You can submit objections to the application at the link below. It was turned down a few months ago based on lack of access. The bridge still means reduced access (they can't widen that!) but they can take out the parking...

https://publicaccess.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PS0F2OCLHB000&fbclid=IwAR0LJCqOz830FzlZ7b61eqpRyolgX88jJ-iiH2UH6d9tCZjWnO0BqB4IO8E

The drawing shows a layby retained next to the canal bridge.

I would be more concerned with the level of English competence of the CRT Area Planner - reading that - it has never been checked by anyone following initial typing!!

https://publicaccess.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/online-applications/files/477DE30164EB2339EFFC03D4E4DB600F/pdf/19_01995_APP-CANAL-2020407.pdf

At the end of the day - our CRT licence does not come with a dedicated parking space - especially for those who have a Licence Without a Home Mooring.

Finding a suitable hole in a hedge for your car is going to get even more difficult round there than it already was. The Highways visit was carried out midweek at 110.30 am - probably when any boaters cars were away at places of work or other activity - taking pictures of the full layby at 7pm may help your cause - or not.

It wasnt easy parking there 10 years ago - I have no doubt it will get even more difficult as the tide of people seeking floating accommodation within an hour of London continues.

Parking at Marsworth was never a problem I just asked the landlord if I could park in the Red Lion car park, provided I drank in the pub it was OK seems a good trade to me.

Worked over most of the system.