Take out wood mould stains

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, sharpness said:

What!!!! You mean you had some but hadn't tried it yet, whatever next!

Ah, I see what you did there, you little tinker! :D

Actually,  I have used it, just not for the purpose of cleaning black mould off vertical wood surfaces. I can attest that it's very good indeed at cleaning soapy muck from a chrome domestic flexible shower hose and brings other bathroom chrome up a treat too.  Its probably pretty handy in the pub environment too, but you'd have to ask a barkeeper about that. ;)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, rustydiver said:

Thanks.

It still seems to be shining still and I no longer get green hands when i touch the paint.

One side I did using a brush that went on much better than the other side where I used a cloth not so good, I may have a go at redoing it soon.

I applied Polytrol to my red two pack paint and after a week it was as flat as the surrounding paint. I applied another coat and this time it was slightly better than the surrounding paint but not great. I'm not sure I want to apply a minimum of two coats to the whole boat without making too much difference to the finish:(

17 minutes ago, Old Son said:

I applied Polytrol to my red two pack paint and after a week it was as flat as the surrounding paint. I applied another coat and this time it was slightly better than the surrounding paint but not great. I'm not sure I want to apply a minimum of two coats to the whole boat without making too much difference to the finish:(

Mind you my paint was so bad that anything was an improvement. 

Taah Raaah.....

Thank you for your help, a great improvement don't you think? 

The middle pic is the result of painting some paste of Bar Keepers, leaving overnight, and washing/brushing off the next day.

The final pic is a bit shiny, that's cos the satin varnish was still wet when the pic was taken.

I'm really pleased :)

hatch.jpg.2b2056b9abc6055902b166a9487e6d22.jpg

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1
  • Happy 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer McM said:

Taah Raaah.....

Thank you for your help, a great improvement don't you think? 

The middle pic is the result of painting some paste of Bar Keepers, leaving overnight, and washing/brushing off the next day.

The final pic is a bit shiny, that's cos the satin varnish was still wet when the pic was taken.

I'm really pleased :)

hatch.jpg.2b2056b9abc6055902b166a9487e6d22.jpg

Good result on the wood Jennifer!  (I'm not sure what you've been smoking to make the trees outside look like that though!)  ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

(I'm not sure what you've been smoking to make the trees outside look like that though!)  ;)

? It's in the style of Claris Cliff ( boat's previous owner had a thing for art nouveau). old Claris had some funny ideas about trees! :) 

On this account Your Honour, I'm not to blame :) 

Churchill River Cottage Mug

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Steve Manc said:

're Bar Keepers Friend

Which one to remove water stain on wood on narrowboat front wooden door.

Bar Keeper Stain remover 

Or

Bar Keeper Cleanser

Thanks

Look at the ingredients. It’s the oxalic acid that you’re after. Or just buy some oxalic acid from Amazon.